[Gothic rock] Sin título - My first attempt at a serious piece with OpenMPT

Started by dandwz, January 29, 2015, 20:06:52

Previous topic - Next topic

dandwz

Hi.  This is my first composition with OpenMPT I made about a month ago.  I needed to be checking the documentation all the time but eventually it went done. 

For this composition I wanted to give it a videogame mood and at the same time I was trying to make a somewhat catchy tune but with some added variety to keep the composition more interesting.  In the end it turned out to sound like gothic rock or castlevania-like music.  Either way I hope you guys enjoy it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqYgw_8EhL4

Saga Musix

Nice firsty. Now it's time to ditch GM.DLS and get some proper samples. :)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

I completely agree with Saga Musix. I hear some RPG kind of influence, so that videogame part definitely came through. Now, replace the GM.DLS with VSTi's and it'll be even better.

The only complaint I could have, is that after about 3,5 minutes I've heard the song already, so I miss something in the end to keep it exciting. But its only a minor complaint, and is something to keep in mind for future songs. Keep up the good work.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

dandwz

Thanks for the suggestion and your comments!  I'll keep that in mind!

Mr.Eagle

Wow! This is a real good firsty.

And now (as Saga and LP already wrote), get yourself some vst(i)-plugins and bring your work to the next level. I think it's a good idea to start right here and here.

Keep on tracking! :)
sorry for my bad English

dandwz

Oh thank you very much for the links and your comments about the music!! I'll check them out!!