quantize question

Started by inemuri1985, January 05, 2015, 19:12:41

Previous topic - Next topic

inemuri1985

is there any way to quantize a row with notes to a set value?

for example if you already have something kind of random in a channel you could mark a selection and go :

quantize : type some value (4 would spread the closest notes to each of the first in a column)

i may be using the wrong terms but maybe someone understand?

16 would take the closest notes to 0 and 16 and erase the others, and so on.

Saga Musix

Quantize itself is only for live recording; however what works pretty well is to make a selection and then apply "shrink selection" several times and then apply "grow selection" just as many times. For example, if you want to quantize to 4 rows, you would shrink twice and then grow twice.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

inemuri1985

LPChip

Quote from: Saga Musix on January 05, 2015, 20:10:41
Quantize itself is only for live recording; however what works pretty well is to make a selection and then apply "shrink selection" several times and then apply "grow selection" just as many times. For example, if you want to quantize to 4 rows, you would shrink twice and then grow twice.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this would not alter (aka remove) any SDx (note delay) commands if added by a lve recording, right?
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

No, but noone was talking about SDx commands here. Besides, it's better to actually use the Quantize function I was talking about, so that you don't get any SDx commands to begin with.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs