different pattern length

Started by inemuri1985, December 21, 2014, 01:44:08

Previous topic - Next topic

inemuri1985

hi, i was going to post this in feature request, but thought i could ask here first.

would it be possible for open mpt to support different length of channels? like a channel with 5 length and one with 16 and so on. is this difficult to do, or can this be emulated in some way?

another thing that would be awesome (for me anyway!) would be a record button in the vst instruments that records what you play and send it to specified folder as wav. this would be nice for creating samples from your vst instruments.

Saga Musix

No, per-channel pattern lengths are unfortunately not in the scope of the project at the moment.
However, freezing VST instruments to samples is already on the to-do list and might happen sooner or later.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

inemuri1985

ok cool

freezing a vst instrument to samples is awesome, but it cannot freeze something that is not in the step sequencer if i understand correctly?

i mean, to freeze something it has to be plotted in? i was thinking of something that records vst output live. i have used voxengo recorder for this, and it works fine, but is of course many clicks to set up.

thanks

Saga Musix

Quote from: inemuri1985 on December 21, 2014, 02:07:16
freezing a vst instrument to samples is awesome, but it cannot freeze something that is not in the step sequencer if i understand correctly?
Yes, that is basically what's missing and what I want to implement at some point.

If you just want to record a random melody from a VST, you could of course always just do some live recording into the pattern editor and then render it to WAV.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

inemuri1985

thats true. didnt think of that.