[Chiptune] Trailblazing (mp3)

Started by Notwafle, December 16, 2014, 06:06:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Notwafle

Hey! So I only just got this program yesterday, and this is basically the first thing I've ever made that's really resembled an actual song, though it's more along the lines of pretty repetitive, looping game music. It's nothing too fancy but I wanted to see if anyone thought anything about it or had any particular advice. Or maybe you'll just like the song! That'd be cool too. Thanks!

https://soundcloud.com/notwafle/trailblazing

Saga Musix

I guess it's a nice tune for a start, but since it's pretty short, there's also not a lot going on, but I'm sure you are aware of that. Just keep going, and welcome!
PS: Maybe you should disable Cloud2Butt. ;)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Notwafle

Oh my god I didn't even notice that @_@ lol. Thanks for listening!

LPChip

Its a nice tune indeed.

Works pretty good for a game I guess. It is short indeed, but it loops and you just stopped it after the first loop. Perhaps you should reupload it and make it loop 2 or 3 times so you have a song that lasts for about 2,5 or more minutes.

Or if you really want to push it, duplicate all patterns and add a 2nd melody or effect like arpeggiator to it. Its the song looped, but the 2nd loop is made more interesting, so it is fresh. Because the actual loop is pretty short, it is a technique you can use.

I bet an actual lead will work really well here.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Notwafle

Thanks for the advice! Really appreciate it. I'll see if I can take what you said to heart and flesh it out a bit more.