[Synthpop] Superwave (mptm/ogg)

Started by Saga Musix, August 29, 2014, 12:02:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

It's a busy demoparty summer with three parties in six weeks for me, so here's another release - this time for Demodays 2014, where it ranked 4th in the combined music compo. I originally started this tune in 2009 as one of my first experiments with VSTis, using only the Superwave P8 synth, hence the name. :P It no longer makes use of that plugin, though...
Now it's finally time to release this tune.

Download
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Mr.Eagle

A nice and enjoyable tune.

BTW, Superwave P8 was "my" first VSTi, too. Back then (2008) I was really impressed by the sound-quality compared to the 8-Bit mono-samples with whom I have worked up to this point.  ;)
sorry for my bad English

J.Ruegg

Nice tune!.

Quote from: Mr.Eagle on September 07, 2014, 11:04:19
A nice and enjoyable tune.

BTW, Superwave P8 was "my" first VSTi, too. Back then (2008) I was really impressed by the sound-quality compared to the 8-Bit mono-samples with whom I have worked up to this point.  ;)
Oh yes the superwave plugin was(IS) a very nice instrument.

It wasn't my first VSTI, it was the thirth or the fourth :).
I have made a tune with it too, but that was as I was starting to track, and to use OpenMPT , so it isn't so good :)

Saga Musix

P8 is kinda neat but I don't really like the reverb-y*, kinda washed-out sound you get from most of the presets. Synth1 is a bit more dry usually and sounds way nicer to me.

* says the one who loves the sound of Roland D-50 - but it's an entirely different beast with completely different sounds.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.