Create and edit old ".mod" effects in OpenMPT

Started by RG (aka AUDIOMONSTER), April 22, 2014, 14:22:26

Previous topic - Next topic

RG (aka AUDIOMONSTER)

Hi,

I've been proposed, 20 years after my last Amiga mod (as "Audiomonster"), to adapt a very old famous game music theme for the Amiga 500, in old "Noisetracker" format. (or maybe "Protracker", if I'm more "lucky" ;-))

For that, I'd like to stay on PC and "OpenMPT".

However, when I create or even load ".mod" files in OpenMPT, it sems not possible to edit/access old effects like "1xy", "2xy", "3xy" etc...

They perfectly appear in a ".mod" file loaded in OpenMPT, but it seems impossible to enter/edit them in patterns, pressing "1","2, "3" etc just doing nothing on the screen.

Maybe I forgot a keyboard config/option somewhere ?

Thanks...

FreezeFlame(Alchemy)

QuoteHi,

I've been proposed, 20 years after my last Amiga mod (as "Audiomonster"), to adapt a very old famous game music theme for the Amiga 500, in old "Noisetracker" format. (or maybe "Protracker", if I'm more "lucky" ;-))
Man, how much i wish there was an way to make game music for the oldskool devices that supported sample playback (Amiga included).
QuoteHowever, when I create or even load ".mod" files in OpenMPT, it sems not possible to edit/access old effects like "1xy", "2xy", "3xy" etc...

They perfectly appear in a ".mod" file loaded in OpenMPT, but it seems impossible to enter/edit them in patterns, pressing "1","2, "3" etc just doing nothing on the screen.

Maybe I forgot a keyboard config/option somewhere ?
Maybe it are the keys. I haven't encoutered the problem yet.
Blue Flames of the Night.

Was known as Alchemy before(with an Dialga picture).

Saga Musix

Naturally you can make use and edit of all the ProTracker effects in OpenMPT. You're the first person here to say that they don't work for you, too. Do you use any specific keyboard setup, like switching between two layouts (e.g. French/US)? Do you have bound the 0...9 keys to a different functionality in OpenMPT (shouldn't affect effect input, but anyway). Do A...F effects still work?

QuoteMan, how much i wish there was an way to make game music for the oldskool devices that supported sample playback (Amiga included).
Well, err, make a game for Amiga then? :P
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

RG (aka AUDIOMONSTER)

Ha, OK so that is surely just a keyboard problem, I'll look into that, then, thanks.

(No, I don't use any keyboard switch)

A and F works fine, yes...

Ahah just found out : I have to press "SHIFT" on my keyboard while pressing 1,2,3...No matter "Caps Lock" is ON or OFF...Strange...But hey, it works !

Thanks...

Saga Musix

Gosh, French keyboards, as if AZERTY itself wasn't silly enough yet... ;)
I'll see what I can do to get rid of the requirement of pressing shift for those keys.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Saga Musix

This issue should be sorted for French and other keyboard layouts where pressing numbers or letters would normally require a modifier key to be pressed at the same time. Grab an updated version from the buildbot: http://buildbot.openmpt.org/builds/

RG (aka AUDIOMONSTER)