High-Pitched Sound for all samples since 1.23.01.00

Started by I-S3-O, April 16, 2014, 07:32:42

Previous topic - Next topic

LPChip

Quote from: Saga Musix on April 17, 2014, 12:25:31
Quote from: LPChip on April 17, 2014, 10:20:32
If not, can you still check that the bandwidth is set to 97%, and not higher?
Even if it's higher, it won't cause a high beep or anything. It will just make the sound rougher at 100%.

Rougher yes. I found out with one of my old songs that was made on windows XP (remember the Modplug compo with just a triangle and a noise?) I had some plugins on it, and in combination with the 100% cut off, even in the newest version I got unwanted noises that just sounded terrible. Reducing to 97% and they were gone. While it would not be a high beep for me, it still can be for him, just by matter of preference or lack for a better description.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

I-S3-O

Right now, I don't hear anything. Just  some fuzz pop equivalent to what you get when you first turn on an amp, and then silence. When I press Escape, and only when I press Escape (i.e. no other buttons work), I get the fuzz pop again.

The attachment is a snippit of what the song is supposed to sound like, and what it did sound like before the update.

To add to that, The Blip Sin, is supposed a high Sin wave with a loud attack, and sounds as such on the file. The pitch was not within "Dog ear" range, like the sound I heard before I switched to 48000 Hz within the settings. That turned it off, but now I don't hear anything. My bandwidth has already been set back 97%, and is not higher than that, and while the song was playing, it stayed out of the red: no distortion was heard in the making of this song.

Saga Musix

That sounds exactly like what I'm hering in 1.22/1.23 here, so I think there's nothing wrong with it...?

QuoteRight now, I don't hear anything. Just  some fuzz pop equivalent to what you get when you first turn on an amp, and then silence. When I press Escape, and only when I press Escape (i.e. no other buttons work), I get the fuzz pop again.
Are you using the 64-bit version of OpenMPT? You have some plugins in that song which will trigger a bug in the plugin bridge which can result in exactly this kind of sound (which is why I asked to try it without plugins).
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

I-S3-O

I tried it without plugins, and I got the same thing, and I am using the 64-bit version (nice rippling effect on your about screen, by the way).

Saga Musix

Can you please verify whether you get the same problems with the 32-bit version? Removing the plugins should definitely get rid of the silence problem on x64. Remove them completely from the song or bypass them, everything else is not sufficient.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

I-S3-O

I don't know how to get rid of them. I've selected No Plugin on each of my channels, but as for my list of plugins in the main list for the song, I can't get rid of them from there.

I'll check on the 32-bit version, once I've installed it.

Also, this is happening with the buttons in the General Tab (see attachment)

UPDATE:
The 32-bit version works, even with the plugin, but everything is grainy. It does not sound like the original song.

Sorry about locking the topic. Trial-and-error thing.

I'm going to try reinstalling OpenMPT, to see if that does anything...nothing.

Saga Musix

You have to go to the plugin selection dialog while the FX1-FX3 is focussed´and then select "no plugin". Re-installing OpenMPT won't change anything as long as you don't uninstall it and remove mptrack.ini (or rename it). I think now would be a good point to upload your mptrack.ini to have a look at.
Is the output of OpenMPT's wave renderer identical to what can be heard in that snippet you recorded?

I-S3-O

Okay. Removing the plugin worked. The songs plays correctly once more!  ;D

But what if I want to use those plugins? Can I not use them anymore?

Saga Musix

To use these plugins, you will either have to grab a test build which fixes the plugin bridge for those plugins, or you should just keep using the 32-bit version. Seeing that you are apparently making chiptunes, you really don't need to use the 64-bit version. As the download page says, you really only should be using it if you need the extra available RAM, or if you have lots of 64-bit plugins. The plugins you are using are 32-bit ones, so they have to be bridged, and bridging plugins will add a lot of latency. If this latency is too high, the sound will stutter. So in your case, there's really no advantage in using the 64-bit version.

I-S3-O

Okay, that's fine. I'll use the 32-bit version, but my only concern now is the sound.

As you can see between the two, the 32-bit version is much more coarse. I want the smooth sound I made from the 64-bit version. Is there any way I can fix that, at least?

UPDATE:
Nevermind. I accidentally replaced the sounds in the song.   ::)