[Classic] Sinfonia 1 movement 4

Started by rncekel, April 11, 2014, 13:51:45

Previous topic - Next topic

rncekel

Finally, I think I have finished the stage of composition of my symphony. Although I will have to change some orchestration and improve the balance, this can be considered an almost final version. So, here you have the fourth movement (Adagio and multiple fugue), which is my favourite, specially from 5:27 to the end. Hope you like it

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-I_azRavn-bbGJNcEJSU2p3R2s/edit?usp=sharing

FreezeFlame(Alchemy)

Beautiful :D(or is it spelled Beautifull :-\?)!
Can't complain about the duration, since its sweet 10 minutes of classic based music.
The whole track has that feel of something that only classic music gives(being in peace, and focusing on the music without worries).
Haven't listened to you're other movement pieces (if this is the 4, then 3,2 and 1 are to listen).

May i ask from where did you got those nice instruments from (they sound great :), just like this symphony :P).
But i do have an question. From where did you got you're inspiration for composing this classic based piece of earsweets?
Blue Flames of the Night.

Was known as Alchemy before(with an Dialga picture).

rncekel

All instruments are free instruments found in the web, except for some of them that have been made by myself from free samples. I have used some sources I read in this forum, like The Total Composure Orchestra, Sonatina, Philarmonia Orchestra and some others I don't remember. And of course, many VST (for example, to rightly tune some poorly tuned samples, and to add reverb or volume), all of them also free.
I have the others movement also almost finished. The first is lest catching, since is perhaps too triunfant (the hero movement). The third might sounds a little strange to not-spanish ears, since is made out of two spanish folk dances (a zortziko in 5/8 and a muñeira in 6/8). But when I'll have a decent draft of them, I'll surely put them on the web.

And about the inspiration, the whole symphony is about paternity. There are two main themes, the "hero" theme, (masculine rhythm 3/4, major mode and melody going up from tonic to subdominant), and the "tenderness" theme (femenine rhythm 2/4, minor mode, melody going down from dominant to tonic). The "hero" (you need to be like a hero to front all problems of having children) dominates the first movement, and the "tenderness" the second; this is the movement with the strongest changes of humour, (because nothing can worry someone so much as the problems of his/her sons), but, having reach the sadest and almost desperate point, the orchestra rises again and the initialtheme appears again, but in a more adult and confident way (that is, in major mode). The third movement is the Scherzo, that means "play", so is a joyful movement with many rhythm changes from 5/8 to 6/8 to 3/4 or 7/8, and so on.
The last movement is where all the material is united. The first version of the adagio was written at 5 voices (yes, I have three children). Then the strings present both themes, the hero in the first violin and simultaneously "tenderness" in the basses, but then interchanging roles. The first fugue (brasses) is made from the "hero", the second (plucked strings and glockenspiel) from "tenderness" and the third (full orchestra) superposed both themes horizontal (making a complete phrase) and vertically, with the same phrase mirrored, inverted and both mirrored and inverted.
The adagio in the end, to express the final peace one is supossed to reach sometime, was written with 6 voices.

Finally, I have to say that I have been working several years on it (of course, only occasionally, not full time).
Thanks for your comments and interest

Saga Musix

» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Mr.Eagle

Awesome! I'm really impressed.
Thank you for sharing.
sorry for my bad English