[Hip Hop] First OpenMPT beat from otherwise experienced producer...

Started by HereticBeats, November 25, 2013, 20:57:54

Previous topic - Next topic

HereticBeats

I have recently begun to experiment with OpenMPT to simplify my beatmaking process. I'm using an Audacity/BeatCleaver/OpenMPT combo, You can check my gear in my forum signature...

The beat is called "Relax 'N' Chill". Please check it out and tell me what you think for a first attempt at this awesome tracker. Thank you!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/pmlzut
Hardware: HP Pavilion g7 | M-Audio Audiophile USB + Studiophile BX5a | Numark PT01 USB | Akai MPC2500 SE | Akai S1000 | Akai MPD18

Software: Windows 7 | OpenMPT | Audacity 2 | BeatCleaver | TX16Wx 2 Pro | Poise | E-MU Proteus VX 2 | Novation Bass Station 2 + V-Station 2 | Wusik EVE 3 | FireBird+ 2

FreezeFlame(Alchemy)

Cool stuff :).

The Piano and Drum part worked together nicely,making it good to listen to.

My only complain is the repeating of the starting part.Noticed two main loops,and that is all.Coulda been longer and contained more variation,but its a good starting track.Enjoyed it,but its hard to listen to it a second time.
Just my two cents.

Openly saying,you're first track is a better start then mine :D.
Blue Flames of the Night.

Was known as Alchemy before(with an Dialga picture).

HereticBeats

Quote from: FreezeFlame(Alchemy) on November 25, 2013, 21:12:08
Cool stuff :) .

The Piano and Drum part worked together nicely,making it good to listen to.

My only complain is the repeating of the starting part.Noticed two main loops,and that is all.Coulda been longer and contained more variation,but its a good starting track.Enjoyed it,but its hard to listen to it a second time.
Just my two cents.

Openly saying,you're first track is a better start then mine :D .

Thanks for the feedback - the positive as well as the criticism :-)

The sample wasn't too long. It is a 4-bar loop chopped into 16 pieces mapped across my Akai MPD18, so it was a bit hard to get too creative :(
Hardware: HP Pavilion g7 | M-Audio Audiophile USB + Studiophile BX5a | Numark PT01 USB | Akai MPC2500 SE | Akai S1000 | Akai MPD18

Software: Windows 7 | OpenMPT | Audacity 2 | BeatCleaver | TX16Wx 2 Pro | Poise | E-MU Proteus VX 2 | Novation Bass Station 2 + V-Station 2 | Wusik EVE 3 | FireBird+ 2

Saga Musix

While modern hip-hop is certainly far from being among my favourite genres, this has some really nice jazzy vibes in it. Gets a bit boring after a minute, though. ;)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.