HEADLINE: Harbinger officially retires from maintaining OHM

Started by Harbinger, September 29, 2013, 16:15:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Harbinger

Some of you may have noticed i haven't shared any music in a while; between life changes, a new FT job, and other projects that keep grabbing my attention, i'm not exactly in a music composition phase these days. But i'm sure i'll come back to that. I AM still working on some personal pieces that i don't intend to upload anywhere.

However, because i'm not really using MPT heavily right now, and because Jojo (Saga_musix) is making so many fixes and features so quickly, it's impossible to keep up. And i'm just not getting inspired to finish the extras i was starting, so.... i have officially retired from maintaining the OHM that served as our manual between 1.18 and 1.20 and users can now keep up with the OHM on the wiki pages at http://wiki.openmpt.org/Main_Page. Also, each release of Open MPT comes with the latest PDF assembled from the wiki manual, and the devs and other contributors are pretty good about keeping it up to date and helpful to even the newbiest n00b.

I have erased all things OHM from my HD, but made available to Saga_musix the entire archive of images, WORD files, CHM files, tutorials and other resources that went into my production of the OHM. Some of it has never been released and some of it are pages that were never finished or were test results of various MPT features. I have given him sole discretion as to what to do with this archive as he has been judicious with keeping the ModPlug vision true for composers new and veteran alike.

For all those who came before me and made MPT what it is and so easy to use, i can't begin to not only express my gratitude for your contributions, but also show you the ripple effects of how this nearly unknown piece of software has changed the creative and productive direction of so many artists including myself.

I have no intention of going to some other piece of software for my music composition needs (unless i create one), and i will continue to contribute where i can. But for now, "Harbinger's OHM" has a spot in the cemetery out beyond the obsolete soundcard functions...