IK Multimedia Group Buy

Started by PPH, August 29, 2013, 14:35:49

Previous topic - Next topic

PPH

Maybe some of you guys are interested in this:

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/vigb/

You buy one of their VSTi instruments for half the price (69..99, i.e. 70, dollars), and get three more for free (that's because there are already more than 1000 buyers; if there are 1000 more before September 8th, buyers get an additional VSTi).

Miroslav Philarmonik doesn't seem to work in Windows 64-bit, by the way, but if you have Sampletank, you can play its samples there. It may be a good chance to get several Gigabytes of samples at a reasonable price. These are not the best of the best samples around, but in my experience, one never has enough samples.
============
PPH
-Melody Enthusiast
============

LPChip

Interesting. I most likely will buy sampletank. I always wanted this but it was too expensive. They have more VI's and I get more. yay. :)

Thanks for the heads up. :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

Thanks for the heads up. I'll try the free version inside chainer and see how it performs there. thats the environment it will be used in anyway.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

LPChip

Just tried the free version in stand alone, and aside from all the install trouble, I'm not at all impressed with the sounds. This is not going to be a purchase on my end.

Seems this discount will make it a fair price for an overpaid set of products, but I guess I currently have better stuff. I don't need this.

Mr.Eagle

Quote from: PPH on August 29, 2013, 14:35:49
Miroslav Philarmonik doesn't seem to work in Windows 64-bit, by the way.

Nope!
It works very fine in Windows 7 x64 and in combination with OMPT... ;)

sorry for my bad English

Saga Musix

Random guess: It has the same problem as SampleTank and requires admin privileges to run? (Let me emphasize one more time that this is not a problem with OpenMPT but all other hosts as well)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Mr.Eagle

Again: nope!
Both variants of Miroslav Philharmonik (plug-in and standalone) work fine whether with or without admin privileges. Since I never tried Sample Tank I can't say anything about it.
sorry for my bad English

PPH

I have both SampleTank and Miroslav. SampleTank works by running as admin in Windows 7 64-bit. Miroslav causes a crash in OpenMPT, and appears as an effect in Renoise. Of course, maybe there's a way of making it work. But it doesn't work for me. Anyway, I don't care much: as long as I can use the samples, I'm fine. still, I'm curious.
============
PPH
-Melody Enthusiast
============

Saga Musix

Yay, more dodgy plugins. Does Miroslav happen to crash in other hosts as well (apart from Renoise, obviously)? If not, it might be worthwhile finding out why it does that.

Mr.Eagle

Strange... :o

I would be interested if there are any other plugins that causes such problems on your machine.
sorry for my bad English

PPH

Miroslav stand-alone works in my machine. It's the plugin that doesn't work. Renoise thinks it's a VST effect, and OpenMPT crashes when I try to add it. I haven't tried other hosts.
============
PPH
-Melody Enthusiast
============

Mr.Eagle

Unfortunately, I have to correct myself.

The day before yesterday I built a new PC for me and now on this new machine, I've got exactly the same problems with Miroslav Philharmonik that PPH already described.  :(
Well, since the OS hasn't changed (Windows 7 Pro x64) it seems to be a problem with the new hardware.

sorry for my bad English

Saga Musix

Did you try running OpenMPT in administrator mode as suggested above?

Mr.Eagle

Oops! Well, what can I say? :-[
You really made my day, Jojo. Everything works fine now...thanks.

I forgot to try the admin-mode, 'cause it didn't care on my old PC as I wrote above:

Quote from: Mr.Eagle on August 31, 2013, 21:09:25
Both variants of Miroslav Philharmonik (plug-in and standalone) work fine whether with or without admin privileges.

I have no idea why, but now (on the new machine) it seems to be necessary to use the admin-mode... ???
sorry for my bad English