libopenmpt docs

Started by Harbinger, December 29, 2014, 17:41:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Harbinger

Can use calls to DLL functions in my Liberty BASIC program and wondered where I can find out what functions (and their parameters) are accessible outside of MPT?

And one other question: does Open MPT read & play sample audio by the buffer amount or by some other variable?

Saga Musix

Well, I have no idea how easy it would be to use a C++ library in this particular BASIC dialect, but most of the time it's easier to stick to the C interface, which is explained  in the docs. Currently most functions lack documentation, but that's not much of an issue as they generally do exactly the same thing as their similarly-named C++ counterparts.
OpenMPT also comes with a simple C example to demonstrate the calls necessary to open and play a module file.

QuoteAnd one other question: does Open MPT read & play sample audio by the buffer amount or by some other variable?
You will have to specifiy which "buffer amount" you are actually referring to. libopenmpt does not do any audio playing on itself, that's the job of the user. And as such, it will render any amount of samples in one go, but it should be kept between a few hundred and few thousand per call to keep memory copying overhead and latency low.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Harbinger

Okay, that helps. I found the function calls, so I'm gonna see if I can make heads or tails of it. If I have any other questions, i'll let you know here.