OpenMPT 1.23 releases

Started by Saga Musix, March 29, 2014, 21:19:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

I just wanted to say thank you for this vast improvement! I almost exclusively use VSTi as instruments (usually Kontakt) for my songs, and have gone the jBridge route to get 64-bit addins to work in the past. With limited success, sound was usually scrambled after a while and I couldn't get it to work every time. Your built-in bridge seems better in every aspect so far.

After downloading the new OMPT release eliminating the need for a third party bridge, I did a little stress test. To one of my songs, I used two VSTi instruments (both Kontakt) loading both with a bunch of instruments playing on top of each other. No  problems except for when first playing a song, adding instruments while playing, or when playing more than 600 voices at the same time. I could then hear some stuttering and crackling, but I guess that could be related to Kontakt itself or my sound card. Different sound card options gave different results, ASIO4ALL seems to be working best for now.

I noticed that changing settings inside a VSTi will not mark the song as dirty (* unsaved). Manually clicking the Save button in those cases seems to save the settings though, so no biggie. Just thought you should know.

Thanks again! :D

Saga Musix

QuoteYour built-in bridge seems better in every aspect so far.
If all of your plugins are available as 64-bit anyway, you will be able to get rid of the plugin bridge completely anyway by using the 64-bit version. :)
The bridge doesn't really add any more stress the more voices you play, but rather the more plugins you use. The less plugin instances, the better.

QuoteI noticed that changing settings inside a VSTi will not mark the song as dirty (* unsaved). Manually clicking the Save button in those cases seems to save the settings though, so no biggie. Just thought you should know.
If the plugin doesn't tell OpenMPT that something has changes, there's no way to fix that.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Saga Musix

So, here's the first bugfix release for OpenMPT 1.23. Not many new features, but a few plugin bridge and x64-specific bugs and other stuff have been fixed.
Tiny update: A bugfix release for OpenMPT 1.23.02.00 has been released. This addresses a new bug in audio playback (audio played too slow) that was introduced after fixing a bug in OpenMPT 1.23.01.00 (audio playing too fast).
http://openmpt.org/openmpt-1-23-03-00-released
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Saga Musix

Here's another small bugfix release to address some new and old bugs found in OpenMPT 1.23.03.00. Not a lot of new features, but should be more stable than the previous version.
http://openmpt.org/openmpt-1-23-04-00-released

sso

Huh, im still 2 releases behind OpenMPT 1.23.01.00 32 bit and the only bug ive found is when you clone a vst and have it try and move the chain. it copied the chain endlessly till it filled the 250 slots. It was really fun manually deleting 150 vsts.  :) (mostly on my clicking finger.)

Is that bug fixed or? Neat feature.

Saga Musix

I'll leave the excitement on your side by letting you read the changelog or simply try the latest version. ;)

Saga Musix

Here's another small bugfix and improvement release for OpenMPT 1.23. Not a lot of new features, but some useful improvements and small bugfixes.
http://openmpt.org/openmpt-1-23-05-00-released

Frank

Thanks for the update, much appreciated!

A minor note: When manually checking for a new version in 1.23.04 (Help > Check for Updates), I get the message "You already have the latest version of OpenMPT installed". I suspect it's just a small online version file that needs updating, but thought I should mention it anyway.

And if I haven't said it before - I REALLY love the 64-bit VSTi support, thank you for that!
Just donated 5€ for a beer (again). :)

Saga Musix

I just knew I forgot to update something. Thanks for pointing out the outdated update check. And thanks for the donation. :)