Author Topic: SDK Versions  (Read 3158 times)

Offline Really Weird Person

• Crazy artist
  • I love Daisy (デイジー)!
  • Operating System: Windows 8 Pro x64
SDK Versions
« on: July 09, 2013, 00:46:55 »
My hard drive array failed a little while back (I don't remember the timeframe off-hand) and I had to get new hard drives. Because of that, I have lost the source code. I would like to start working with it again, but I have a question. Are there specific versions of the DirectX and Windows SDKs required to use the code or will the latest ones [such as the Windows SDK for Windows 8] work?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 06:50:28 by Really Weird Person »

Offline LPChip

• Administrator
    • http://lpchip.nl
  • Operating System: Windows 10 Pro N (x64bit)
Re: SDK Versions
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 07:46:03 »
Why don't you just try it? Then you'll know.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Offline Saga Musix

• OpenMPT Developers
  • aka Jojo
    • Download music, samples, VST plugins: Saga Musix Website
  • Operating System: Windows 7 x64
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 23:03:59 »
I don't think the Windows SDK for Win8 would be any different from the older releases. But as LPChip says, try it, then you'll know. I don't even think that you'll have to install these SDKs separately anymore, at least if you use VS2010 Professional or better.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

• Crazy artist
  • I love Daisy (デイジー)!
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2013, 02:04:48 »
Saga Musix makes a good point. Installing Visual Studio 2010 might install the Windows and DirectX SDKs automatically. If it does, then I would need to install only the ASIO and VST SDKs manually.

• Crazy artist
  • I love Daisy (デイジー)!
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2013, 18:22:38 »
When compiling ModPlug Tracker's code, I am receiving the following error: fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'winapifamily.h': No such file or directory
When adding it, I am presented many syntax errors.
I never had to add that file before. What did I do wrong? Do note that I have tried the Windows SDK for both Windows 7 and Windows 8 and receive the same result. I am using Visual Studio Professional 2008 and revision 792 of the code.

Offline Saga Musix

• OpenMPT Developers
  • aka Jojo
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2013, 18:48:53 »
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

• Crazy artist
  • I love Daisy (デイジー)!
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2013, 20:32:45 »
Thanks
Should changing the path remove the syntax errors though or should I still see them? As I mentioned in the earlier post, I never received errors regarding that file before today.

Offline Saga Musix

• OpenMPT Developers
  • aka Jojo
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2013, 20:35:30 »
OpenMPT never includes that file by itself so it must be a wrongly installed SDK. And an include that cannot be found is not a syntax error, it's simply a compile error because a required component cannot be located. You will be on your own here because as said, it's not an OpenMPT error.