Walk a Clear Path (ambient)

Started by uncloned, May 25, 2013, 18:10:46

Previous topic - Next topic

uncloned

a derivative piece created by taking 18 tracks from the 5/24/2013 event, extracting midi pitches & velocity, manipulating the midi data, and assigning each of the 18 tracks to an instance of absynth 5 tuned to 11 edo.

Each instance of absynth had a different patch tweaked or mutated in some fashion. I also used Sonar's tempo programing ability to manipulate the temporal execution of the midi data.

Thanks to Paul H. Muller, Jeff Duke, Paul Mimlitsch, Benjamin Smith, James Bailey, Roger Sundström, Norbert Oldani, Jim Goodin, Steve Layton, Shane Cadman – www.sound-in.org

http://chrisvaisvil.com/walk-a-clear-path/

FreezeFlame(Alchemy)

Does remind me of those movies in where jungles are present.
Exspecialy the flute and drum lines.

Anyway.

Its drum beat was fitting (but could have got progressing drums at a time to give it an more engaging feel. But you did that with the improvisation parts partly, if at the least the ones that are not synth sounds or anything melodic.).
The duration was kinda short, and there was alot of things you could have added (like woodblock sounds).

Given that film like feel, you did hovewer improvised in this track in a few interesting ways (like adding voice clips and adding some synth lines that sound pretty well made).

Can't write more (i don't have much time, have to go to sleep :(), but you did an nice composition ;). Thats for sure :).
Blue Flames of the Night.

Was known as Alchemy before(with an Dialga picture).

uncloned