Mimic Music Compo

Started by georg, April 15, 2006, 22:47:54

Previous topic - Next topic

georg

Due to lack a lack of entries the deadlines will be extended.

You now have until May 31st to complete your entry for the compo.

http://www.inet.hr/~dpekez/mimic-news.html

Cheers
georg
I'll never make sword-chucks...
Update - 2013 I still havent made sword-chuks.
Update - 2021 What the hell are sword-chuks? :((

apple-joe

Snu

Quote from: "georg"Due to lack a lack of entries the deadlines will be extended.

i usually submit at the last minute anyway, want to have the maximum amount of time... its good to have another week tho!

Relabsoluness

georg

Quote from: "Snu"
Quote from: "georg"Due to lack a lack of entries the deadlines will be extended.

i usually submit at the last minute anyway, want to have the maximum amount of time... its good to have another week tho!

I was just thinking about how another week may be welcome. It is a complex compo afterall.

LPChip

That sure is right...

I have a hard time capturing Atlantis's style in a song. I'm getting somewhere, but its still really hard. This extra week is more than welcome!
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

PPH

Good. I can compose almost only at weekends, so that's welcome.
============
PPH
-Melody Enthusiast
============

georg

This page needs a random, un-called for blurb...so here it is:

Damn "Once upon a time in New york", it's soooooooo long!
::)

PPH

What's "Once Upon a Time in New York"? A movie? I saw "Once Upon a Time in America" and "Once Upon a Time in the West", both by Sergio Leone, music by Ennio Morricione who, by th way, is Hans Zimmer's favorite and a great influence for him.
============
PPH
-Melody Enthusiast
============

rncekel

I will try to enter the compo. As I usually take months to finish anything and I have now only a few days, I have chosen my favourite style, baroque (which is probably the less popular one), so I'll send something in the vein of Albinoni or Vivaldi.

PPH

Quote from: "rncekel"I will try to enter the compo. As I usually take months to finish anything and I have now only a few days, I have chosen my favourite style, baroque (which is probably the less popular one), so I'll send something in the vein of Albinoni or Vivaldi.

That will be nice. :D
============
PPH
-Melody Enthusiast
============

georg

"Once upon a time in America"  :oops:

Snu

Quote from: "rncekel"I will try to enter the compo. As I usually take months to finish anything and I have now only a few days, I have chosen my favourite style, baroque (which is probably the less popular one), so I'll send something in the vein of Albinoni or Vivaldi.
sounds cool! being a violinist i am quite familiar with vivaldi, and i am fairly familiar with the baroque period, i look forward to hearing something from you.  (if you are pressed for time i guess you could always go for a bach-style invention... :)  )

LPChip

I might have to abort :(

I know, its weak and lame and whatever... but this compo is a real challenge for me and time is one of the obstacles that kills me atm. Next I have other projects to do of which making music is one. this means that I have to switch between music styles each time, which makes it really hard to stick with the song.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

PPH

Quote from: "LPChip"I might have to abort :(

I know, its weak and lame and whatever... but this compo is a real challenge for me and time is one of the obstacles that kills me atm. Next I have other projects to do of which making music is one. this means that I have to switch between music styles each time, which makes it really hard to stick with the song.

Oh, come one, man! It won't be as fun as it could if you don't participate! I work 44 hours a week in front of a computer and am spending the whole weekends in front of another computer in order to deliver an orchestral track. Why do you think I've disappeared for months? I bet you can manage too :D

Changing style between projects shouldn't be that difficult. A project is a project and another project is another project. Like we say in Spanish: "Una cosa es una cosa y otra cosa es otra cosa". Maybe you made the wrong pick. Perhaps Atlantis doesn't have a style so easy to mimic. You could try something easier, like Carl Orff's works for children.

Perhaps you're chickening out...  :P  (knowing you, this should work, he, he)
============
PPH
-Melody Enthusiast
============