some weird find/replace issue in the new version

Started by moltres_rider, July 12, 2012, 21:06:02

Previous topic - Next topic

moltres_rider

I am having an issue with the new version of OpenMPT that was just released with the find/replace feature... the find/replace feature keeps automatically defaulting in "find only in selection" and I switch it to "find in whole song" to replace what is found in the whole song (e.g. replacing instrument 1 will all C5 notes) but instead it only replaces the notes in the current pattern, and when I bring up the find/replace dialog again, my option has automatically moved to "find only in current pattern" I set it back to "find in whole song" but still only does the current pattern and the dialog when I bring it back up is set to that again!!! I had to select the "find in whole song" 6 times before it actually found and replaced all the notes in the whole song rather than just the current pattern!!!

has anybody else having this issue or has reported it???

Saga Musix

This behaviour is expected and not new in this version. If you open the Find/Replace dialog while a selection is made in the pattern, it will automatically choose the "find in selection" mode (because it assumes that you want to use the selection that you have just made). If have open the dialog next time and have not made selection, it will automatically fall back to "find in pattern", since that is the mode that is closest to "find in selection". It's just logical. The solution for you would be to loose the current selection before opening the Find/Replace dialog. It will stay in the "find in all patterns" mode then.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.