One Voice Compo (1st - 15th of April)

Started by Louigi Verona, March 31, 2006, 06:03:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Louigi Verona

The sound of the lead instrument should not be your concern. Your concern should be the melody.

Squirrel Havoc

Bummer, if I read this thread earlier, I would have joined in. Ah well, too late now, I guess I'll just in on the next compo at mpc
Anyone can do anything if they have nothing else to do
-
Most musicians are talented. I'm just determined.

xaimus

I was too lazy to upload what I made, though I did finish it.  :D

georg

Nope. Couldn't make myself write it. Though i came up with a good excuse so as not to waste it:

I just can't imagine making music with only one voice. I miss the interaction of sounds that really make the music. Screw melodies. Even ringtones have more freedom.

Not bad eh?
I'll never make sword-chucks...
Update - 2013 I still havent made sword-chuks.
Update - 2021 What the hell are sword-chuks? :((

speed-goddamn-focus

I entered but perhaps I was too late. Didn't quite understand whether I had the 15th or not.

apple-joe

Approximately when will the results be ready?

Louigi Verona

Dunno. All the judges except Jonne said they started. Jonne is busy, so he may come up late. I think if all's well, in a week or so.

apple-joe

LPChip

"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

apple-joe

Quote from: "xaimus"I was too lazy to upload what I made, though I did finish it.  :D

Which implies that you ...

A) Really are very very lazy

or

B) Aren't confident on the outcome (a little like me)

Might very well be A), as laziness may be quite pleasant sometimes.

Louigi Verona

still haven't got any replies from the judges. I'll mail them reminders again.

xaimus

Quote from: "apple-joe"
Quote from: "xaimus"I was too lazy to upload what I made, though I did finish it.  :D

Which implies that you ...

A) Really are very very lazy

or

B) Aren't confident on the outcome (a little like me)

Might very well be A), as laziness may be quite pleasant sometimes.
A all the way!

apple-joe

Quote from: "Louigi Verona"still haven't got any replies from the judges. I'll mail them reminders again.

OK, great.

And a thought: Let's say all of the judges except one finished a week ago. The last one wouldn't finish until... let's say Saturday.

Would it, according to you, be right waiting for the last judge, or drop the last judge - concerning the rest was finished over a week ago? Hypothetical, but still interesting.

Louigi Verona

dunno. I might wait for him, since basically there is no reason to hurry. After all, what was important was the composing process which is over anyway.

current situation is different however as not a single judge responded. heh.

LPChip

I talked to PPH last night, and he said that he hadn't listened to that many songs yet. He's too busy too.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs