Main Menu

Redo

Started by Really Weird Person, November 16, 2010, 00:32:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Really Weird Person

I looked at the fifth alpha release (I believe that is what it was.) for the grins and giggles of it. It is certainly different from the modern versions of the project. On thing that I noticed about it is that it has the redo function. I wonder why this was removed in later builds. I suppose though that it would probably be difficult to implement now with overflow paste.

Saga Musix

Why exactly should overflow paste be complicated to redo? Theoretically, anything that has been undone can be redone, but there are so many actions in MPT which can't even be undone. Also, why do you ask us why Olivier did something? This was already removed before MPT went open source. The only reasons I can imagine are "too much work" and "it didn't work".
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Really Weird Person

Quote from: JojoWhy exactly should overflow paste be complicated to redo? Theoretically, anything that has been undone can be redone
That is a good point.

Quote from: Jojothere are so many actions in MPT which can't even be undone
I guess that makes it definitely different from Adobe's creative suite in this aspect. LOL
It seems that almost everything can be undone with that. I think that the funniest one that I have seen so far is the ability to undo a double click.