A vst plugin wrapper for winamp plugins

Started by Rakib, September 07, 2010, 23:34:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Rakib

Hi, I'm looking for a vst-plugin that can run winamp effects. I know there are winamp plugins to run vst in winamp but I want to work in modplug and not in winamp.
^^

Nahkranoth

Rakib

Thanks!
did work, not great but worked. Must have the windows open all the time to make it work but nontheless, it works.

Thanks.
^^

Nahkranoth

What's the point in using Winamp effects anyway? I guess all types of effects are more or less covered already in the VST realm. Unless there is some very special effect available only in Winamp :?:

Rakib

^^

Nahkranoth

Wow! Such all-in-one solutions in VST format aren't free, now I understand you.

Saga Musix

Though one of the disadvantages of using winamp plugins is that they only work with 16-bit precision IIRC. This effectively results in that MPT's audio data is converted from 32-bit integer to 32-bit float to 16-bit integer to 32-bit float to 32-bit integer. Not that nice if you ask me...
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Rakib

It's probably not nice but I can't hear the difference. But you're right changing from float to integer and 32 bit to 16 is not nice at all.
^^

Rakib

Quote from: "Nahkranoth"Wow! Such all-in-one solutions in VST format aren't free, now I understand you.
True that, I know of t-racks and it costs 500$!!
^^