Author Topic: Scripting in OpenMPT  (Read 7009 times)

Offline Saga Musix

• OpenMPT Developers
  • aka Jojo
    • Download music, samples, VST plugins: Saga Musix Website
  • Operating System: Windows 7 x64
Re: Scripting in OpenMPT
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2017, 10:39:21 »
Can it open a textfile, read its content, parse it, and perform actions based on that?
Lua has a file I/O package, yes, and I will enable all the default Lua packages.

Can it also get information FROM the tracker?
Yes, that is the entire point of the API. ;)

Oh, and if possible, can the script generate a dialog with buttons and perform actions based on custom button presses?
Oh come on, it's even being discussed in the first post on this page...
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Online LPChip

• Administrator
    • http://lpchip.nl
  • Operating System: Windows 7 (x64bit)
« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2017, 10:43:07 »
Okay, I admit, that last one I got carried away in enthusiasm and it was a bit of teasing on my end. :P
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Offline Saga Musix

• OpenMPT Developers
  • aka Jojo
    • Download music, samples, VST plugins: Saga Musix Website
  • Operating System: Windows 7 x64
« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2017, 10:43:58 »
I like how my post is now referring to itself recursively due to the page break.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Online LPChip

• Administrator
    • http://lpchip.nl
  • Operating System: Windows 7 (x64bit)
« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2017, 10:47:16 »
I like how my post is now referring to itself recursively due to the page break.

Hahahaha I hadn't noticed. I read first post of this topic, not page...
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs