1.18.02.06 Stop VSTi button throws plugin exceptions

Started by Rakib, July 29, 2010, 00:17:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Rakib

Full Version:
OpenMPT v1.18.02.06

Has the bug occured in previous versions? If yes, please specify version(s): (This option is optional, and doesn't need research. But in case you know...)
Probably not since it's a new feature.

Description of the bug:
Kill vst/samples function is very buggy, makes some vst hang and create exception long time after the button is pressed, especially the superwave plugins.

How often does it happen?:
All the time.

How to reproduce (step by step description):

Edit by dev: Added topic title
^^

jmkz

I also have this with P8. I rarely use Kill VSTi buton.

jmkz

Sorry, I forgot to ask :? , how does this button works?

Saga Musix

Quote from: "djmakas"Sorry, I forgot to ask :? , how does this button works?
Pure magic. I just relied on functions that already existed and which I expected to work. Obviously, they don't. Or P8 is buggy. Are there any other plugins which this happens with?
The same code is executed when switching between orders so I wonder why it doesn't happen then. Swapping some function calls seems to improve the situation a bit, although I have no idea why that would change anything.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

Xlutop Chainer also has these kinds of problems, but I never figured out the cause. I'm not 100% sure, but it sounds plausible.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Rakib

I can also confirm that it can also lead to crashes.
But it's not only P80 but all the others superwave vst's, performer, professional, trance-pro.
^^

Saga Musix

Ok, this should be fixed now (thanks Relabs...). 1.18.02.07 is up.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Saga Musix

Please confirm that this has been fixed in OpenMPT 1.18.03.00. You may set the thread status to S=C then.

Rakib

Tnx, haven't seen any bugs recently because of the button.
^^