Mp3 output limited to 256kbps?

Started by Rakib, June 12, 2010, 20:55:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Rakib

I am using the LAME encoder and it only allows me to save with 256kbps, is there a reason why it's limited that way?
Most other software allows 320kbps.
^^

Saga Musix

You can try removing lame_enc.dll from the OpenMPT folder (or just look in the mp3 encoder dialog of there is another LAME encoder present); For some reason, this does not happen with the global ACM version of LAME here.

Not that rendering MP3s directly in OpenMPT would be a good idea, but that's another story...
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Rakib

I installed the acm version,  but it doesn't detect it.

Good idea or not, I use it. This way or winamp diskwriter.[/list]
^^

Saga Musix

QuoteThis way or winamp diskwriter.
Whoa, even worse idea. :lol:
Have you ever thought of using lamedrop or oggdrop (for ogg)? Those are simple and fast drag&drop applications for (batch-)converting files to mp3/ogg.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Rakib

Since it's based on the same codec, I can't see why there should be any difference in quality.
^^

Saga Musix

Quote from: "Rakib"Since it's based on the same codec, I can't see why there should be any difference in quality.
lamedrop does exact copies, winamp does not. the files are first decoded / played back internally, and then sent to the codec. Accidentally left on EQ? Whoops, this will also be applied to the final file. Also I'm rather sure that Winamp won't write the LAME header so that you will get gapless files (a problem that only exists with mp3).

Saga Musix

Can you please try if 320kbit/s is available in this version?

Rakib

It works great with the Lame encoder. Thanks alot.
^^