Author Topic: Open-source and free software  (Read 62164 times)

Offline monsterovich

• Active artist
  • Operating System: Linux (wine) :P
Re: Open-source and free software
« Reply #105 on: May 11, 2016, 21:03:52 »
https://bitbucket.org/Monsterovich/launchpadd

<monsterovich> I've finally released the new version with MIDI support
<monsterovich> http://www.mediafire.com/download/yau5t021dod4z6j/testmidi2.ogg
<monsterovich> and tested it through OpenMPT
<monsterovich> This program allows to turn your smartphone/tablet into an OpenMPT keyboard

http://s32.postimg.org/mzu5cexhh/20160512_000009.jpg
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 22:10:54 by monsterovich »

Offline Saga Musix

• OpenMPT Developers
  • aka Jojo
    • Download music, samples, VST plugins: Saga Musix Website
  • Operating System: Windows 7 x64
« Reply #106 on: May 12, 2016, 11:16:58 »
Cool stuff ;)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Offline arseniiv

• Active artist
  • Operating System: Windows 7 x64 SP1
« Reply #107 on: August 12, 2017, 22:31:49 »
@monsterovich It seems you’ve added a MIDI port with some magic there. Do I need to use some other software to do it, and how? Your app deserves more attention from the community (and more documentation as well ;)) I’ve uncommented the lines in launchpadd.ini and replaced the setting with miditest, but at the time I have default Windows GM synth deactivated, so I couldn’t test if the server receives anything, but I believe so, and anyway it’s cool.

P. S. Oh, I’ve been wrong about the docs, now I found the wiki. Will read.

P. P. S. Now at least I’ve configured client & server to play sounds at their own without MIDI. :) Cool indeed, but unfortunately latency is too high. Is it possibly my Wi-Fi?

P.³ S. Yay, just some loopMIDI and it works like a charm! Totally inaudible latency when receiving in Tracktion! It seems I’m going to have to learn some MIDI message codes… :D
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 23:22:37 by arseniiv »
Feel free to correct my English grammar
Music & sounds: [Freesound] [SoundCloud] [Direct links to music on friend’s site]

Offline arseniiv

• Active artist
« Reply #108 on: August 13, 2017, 15:25:41 »
I realise it’s off topic here, but just can’t add one more postscript:

P.⁴ S. As I deduce, there’s currently no way to change preset on client startup. It’s a bit frustrating that changing preset needs editing the setting file manually. Is startup selection an option for newer versions?
Music & sounds: [Freesound] [SoundCloud] [Direct links to music on friend’s site]

Offline monsterovich

• Active artist
  • Operating System: Linux (wine) :P
« Reply #109 on: August 13, 2017, 22:57:21 »
Is it possibly my Wi-Fi?

There is always a possibility. To decrease the latency I even tried to connect my smartphone to PC directly through the wi-fi-spot and had a good success (use this scheme: laptop - host, smartphone - client, otherwise you will experience major lags due to bad hardware on your smartphone). There is another way - just use the lan cable for your PC, it always works without issues.

Offline arseniiv

• Active artist
« Reply #110 on: August 14, 2017, 05:38:55 »
Thanks. However, when selecting pure MIDI, latency is perfectly small, and it’s just what I need. :)