Rename Channel in Pattern Editor

Started by Harbinger, February 20, 2010, 18:23:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Harbinger

Until Mass Naming comes along for channels, i would like to see the Rename Channel menu item in the Pattern context menu as well. That way i can just keep my fingers on the computer keyboard and go down each channel and choose to rename the channel where the cursor is.

LPChip

How about in the channel manager?
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

How is that related to the question, LPChip? He asks if the menu entry from the channel header ctx menu could also be shown in the pattern ctx menu, which I am not very fond off, since there is a logical separation between the two menus. Maybe a keyboard shortcut would be a better idea.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

Well, as far as I can see, Harbinger wants to name his channels without keeping his hands off the keyboard.

To do this, I think the best location would be the channel manager.

That could be by having a special naming tab. Here per channel you have a textfield. You can jump between them by pressing tab and quickly enter the names.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Harbinger

A KB shortcut or an option in the Channel Manager are both good ideas. I bet Jojo likes the former 'cause that's far easier to implement, when there are more pressing features he wants to address. :wink:

Saga Musix

I just noticed that this old request has been implemented in the meantime through the Quick Channel Settings... ;D
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.