OpenMPT 1.18 releases

Started by Relabsoluness, January 25, 2010, 22:03:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Rakib

More than 1 minute, but I'm starting the installer again now and we'll see how it will take before any downloading starts. Just to be clear, the installation without downloading unmo3 works without any problems.

But I looked trough SF terms of use, couldn't find any place where 3-party files wasn't allowed without the code.

QuoteDefinitions ¶

As used throughout these Terms:

* "Code" means any software code you submit, post, display or distribute via:
        1. any of our software configuration management ("SCM") repositories (currently, CVS, Subversion, Git, Bazaar and Mercurial) or
        2. SourceForge.net's file release system.
   * "Associated Content" means any text, data, music, sound, photograph, graphic, video, message or material, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted via SourceForge.net, but does not include Code.
   * "Content" means any Code or Associated Content.

Responsibility ¶

You are responsible for the Content that you post, submit, create, transmit or display on or through SourceForge.net ("Your Content") and are liable for any consequences thereof.

Communications in chat areas, forums, bulletin boards or other public or common areas of SourceForge.net are not private communications. You should use caution when submitting any Content that contains your personal information to a public or common area of SourceForge.net.
Posting ¶

When you create or make available Your Content, you represent and warrant that:

1. you own or have sufficient rights to post or make available Your Content on or through SourceForge.net;
  2. the posting or making available of Your Content on or through SourceForge.net does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights or any other rights, including intellectual property rights, of any person or entity;
  3. you have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to Your Content, agree to pay for all royalties, fees and any other monies owing any person by reason of any of Your Content that you posted on or through SourceForge.net;

link:
http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/sitelegal/wiki/Terms_of_Use
^^

Saga Musix

Yes, I know that they are allowed. Let me highlight the troublesome passage for you:

QuoteYou hereby grant Geeknet a worldwide, non-exclusive, irrevocable, perpetual, fully sublicensable, transferable (in accordance with Section 16), royalty-free right and license to use, reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, create derivative works from, publish, perform, display, rent, resell and distribute Associated Content (in whole or part) and incorporate Associated Content in other works, in any form, media, or technology developed by Geeknet, though Geeknet is not required to incorporate such Associated Content into any Geeknet products or services. Geeknet reserves the right to syndicate Associated Content submitted, posted or displayed by you on or through SourceForge.net and use that Associated Content in connection with any service offered by Geeknet.
And Ian will not grant Geeknet those rights.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Rakib

Wow, that was some really harsh terms. I hope not codeplex or github have so strict rules.
^^

Rakib

Worked now, after a restart (usually never reboot, but windows now forced me), still don't what caused the problems in first place.
^^

Saga Musix

» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Harbinger

Pls clarify:

Quote from: "history.txt"[Imp] <Jojo> If an instrument is not initialized yet, this is done automatically now, so that changes done to the instrument are not lost, although it looks like they are actually applied (f.e. when trying to edit a previously deleted instrument).
Not sure when the initialization starts -- on song load, instrument creation, play start?

Also clarify:
Quote from: "history.txt"[Fix] <Jojo> Various fixes to the pattern loop command (E6x), including a crucial FT2 bug: When E60 is used on a pattern row x, the following pattern also starts from row x instead of the beginning of the pattern, unless there was a Dxx or Cxx effect.
I thought E6x loops the current pattern. Are you saying that playback jumps to row x of the next pattern immediately or after the loop is finished. Where does the Dxx or Cxx need to be called to cancel the loop?

Saga Musix

QuoteNot sure when the initialization starts -- on song load, instrument creation, play start?
Instruments are initialized whenver a non-existing instrument in the instrument editor is selected - which can only happen if you previously deleted it using the treeview.

QuoteI thought E6x loops the current pattern.
Yes, but if you don't put a D00 effect on the last row of a pattern, it will play like if there was a D<row number of the last ED0 effect> effect. Just try placing an EDx loop in the middle of a pattern of an XM file and enable compat play and add another empty pattern after it and you'll see.

Harbinger

Quote from: "Jojo"
QuoteNot sure when the initialization starts -- on song load, instrument creation, play start?
Instruments are initialized whenver a non-existing instrument in the instrument editor is selected - which can only happen if you previously deleted it using the treeview.
Wait. So you can delete the instrument in the Tree but then go to the Instruments page and it's still in the Instrument Slot list? How is this "initialized?"
Do you mean the Instrument list is re-initialized (resorted) in the Instrumetns page to show the list without the deleted instruments?

Saga Musix

it's a bit difficult to explain if you're not into programming (especially programming with pointers)  and it's really not a fix anyone should care about too much, since it didn't even crash - it was just a bit inconvenient. to put it simple: it was just a fix for potentitial issues after having deleted instruments from the treeview.

Harbinger

That's all i wanted to know -- if i should include it (or change something else about it) in the OHM...I tend to ignore fixes when writing them up, unless i mentioned it and need to adjust the mention. Thanks.. :wink: