OpenMPT 1.18 releases

Started by Relabsoluness, January 25, 2010, 22:03:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Really Weird Person

There are some nice things in there. I would imagine that the copying, cutting, and pasting of multiple orders implementation was quite a challenge. I did not realize that Jazz Jackrabbit 2 has a specialized format for its music. That is a fun game (although I have not played it in a while).

Saga Musix

Fun fact:
Quote from: "Really Weird Person"I did not realize that Jazz Jackrabbit 2 has a specialized format for its music.
Actually, it has two different formats - which one you have depends on the version of JJ2 you have (version 1.24 for example only uses the "new" format, but ships with one or two files in "old" format which crash the game). I guess the devs were so bored that they had nothing better to do than re-writing half of the file format. Which is probably why they went bankrupt. (Although I believe that the module format has been created by the company who created the sound system, which was not the same people as the JJ2 devs).
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Relabsoluness

Quote from: "uncloned"with a multi-wave instrument unexpected things happen - high notes become low and the reverse. Not consistent so far... but I'm trying to figure it out.
This sounds like something that can happen with SCL imports. Currently the import simply duplicates the ratio set so for example if SCL file has ratios {1,2,3}, in OpenMPT that becomes {...1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,...}.

uncloned

I got busier than I thought today.

Yes it is something like that. I need to test with keyboard input - last night I used my midi guitar - and then I can give some more definite observations.

g

Quote from: "Jojo"I guess the devs were so bored that they had nothing better to do than re-writing half of the file format. Which is probably why they went bankrupt.
I think Epic are doing pretty well...

Saga Musix

g: Epic was one of the publishers. One of the publishers or studios went bankrupt later, IIRC.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Really Weird Person

I guess that would also explain why One Must Fall's production has ceased. Wow, One Must Fall 2097 for the Game Boy Advance (which I thought that my dad had read something about, but I cannot seem to find the information) — That would have been awesome (especially if the matches contained all nine rounds)! Perhaps it will be ported to DSiWare by a third-party, but I wouldn't have especially high hopes of it happening.

Saga Musix

No, OMF has been programmed by Diversions Entertainment, who were not involved with Jazz Jackrabbit at all.

Off-Topic!

Really Weird Person

Yeah, I had forgotten that initially, although I believe that Epic MegaGames (perhaps different from Epic) is credited throughout the game (at least in the opening sequence). That helps tremendously. Note to Jojo:  Quick, look down

Epic Games:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epic_MegaGames
One Must Fall:  2097:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Must_Fall:_2097

Apparently there is no article for Diversions Entertainment.

LPChip

Lets focus on the topic itself, which is a new release, not some game!
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Really Weird Person

That seems like a good idea.

Relabsoluness

A bug has been discovered in this version(1.18.00.00) concerning mostly the ITP-format, but can also cause some problems with ITI and XI files, see bug report.

BooT-SectoR-ViruZ

10 years on ModPlug... f#cking hell...

Soundcloud for B-S-V | Soundcloud for DX4-100 | Bandcamp for B-S-V

Harbinger

Good job, devs. I was hoping to see some changes and fixes. I'll test it out later today and give Yjana her installation copy. She will definitely be happy with some of the bug fixes, since she had to revert to .53 to use her favorite VSTi's. Myself, i'm not composing as much music right now, as i'm doing too many non-music projects all at once, but i still do post-production on Yjana's music, so hopefully it will help in that respect. Unfortunately, right now i have to rely on what she tells me as far as updates to MPT.

In relation to the OHM, i will study this release when i get a chance, but the next write-up may take a while. Right now i'm holding the .8 beta version of the manual, waiting to a find a place to make it available for upload... ::)

Really Weird Person

Quote from: "Harbinger"I was hoping to see some changes and fixes.

Depending on how you define that, there may or may not have been some changes and fixes. The GUI has been modified slightly and a bug which caused the last pattern to display again has been fixed. Perhaps the thing that helps me most personally is the fact that sample mapping works properly now for samples beyond 255.