1.17.03.02 OpenMPT process remains after exit.

Started by LPChip, January 20, 2010, 22:30:17

Previous topic - Next topic

jmkz

Saga Musix

Ok... hmm, strange then. But then again, why should one believe M$ that Win7 runs just as well as WinXP on any machine. :P
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

jmkz

Is to test the functionality of OpenMPT under Windows 7 (under XP works well) and provide bug reports. It is also to check if this bug occurs in this Windows (I am running the Win 7 Ultimate 30-day trial)

Really Weird Person

From the way it is described, I am not sure that the Aero interface is supported.

Saga Musix

Quote from: "djmakas"By default Aero-stile is turned off   :D
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

jmkz

I have some tests with Win 7 on my computer. This not supported my graphics. When the installation has done, it sets up the Windows 7 Basic theme. Graphic acceleration is weak, and they cannot run a simply old game like Half-Life even render in software mode.

Saga Musix

Well, you should be aware that software rendering takes up a biiiig amount of CPU time, that's not a good idea. :P

LPChip

Quote from: "djmakas"I have some tests with Win 7 on my computer. This not supported my graphics. When the installation has done, it sets up the Windows 7 Basic theme. Graphic acceleration is weak, and they cannot run a simply old game like Half-Life even render in software mode.

Have you considered buying a better graphics card? Nowadays a simple 3d hardware accelerator card is cheap (unless you aim for the much better cards of course).

I think you can have one for 20 to 50 dollar already. Do check if you need AGP or PCI-Express (cus most likely you'll need AGP)

If of course your computer has an expansion slot at all..
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

jmkz

Yeah, it has an AGP 8x slot, I'm looking for a decent video card, I possibly buy it within 2 weeks.

LPChip

Just a reply to let you know that I also have this problem with the 1.18.0.00 build.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

LPChip

I'm not sure if we should repost this bug in the issue tracker, because it very well might be a Windows related issue. Any thoughts on this?

jmkz

I have tried within the newest versions of OpenMPT. It hangs in a 90 percent, using IT/MPTM module in combinations of Farbrausch V2 VSTi (single) and Angular Momentum VST's. Still testing, I think that it is related to the VST's IMO.

Saga Musix

LPChip told me that he has the same issue with other programs as well. Can you confirm that no other programs have the same issues?

LPChip

I certainly have this with Miranda IM too. I sometimes close miranda, but the container window remains open. Other occasions it closes as it supposes to be.

Perhaps its a bug in one of the dependencies, like MDI or so.

The weird thing about the issue with Miranda is: I always use the same plugins, but doesn't always close completely, so it can't only be related to what is going on. Its almost as if a service hangs. And at work, I even see this with programs like MS Word, Outlook, excel (also others, but these occur more frequently)

jmkz

Here (~0.5MiB) is a test module (mptm) wich has some vst's. When you close the song, OpenMPT hangs.

Plugins used:
DX Echo (2x)
Synth1 VSTi (2x)
SuperWave P8 (1x)
Farbrausch V2 (single) [1x]

EDIT: test case download redirects to issue tracker.