Author Topic: 1.17.03.02 OpenMPT process remains after exit.  (Read 16785 times)

Offline jmkz

• Workaholic artist
    • jmkz Productions
  • Operating System: Windows Server 2012 R2
1.17.03.02 OpenMPT process remains after exit.
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2010, 12:09:15 »
By default Aero-stile is turned off   :D

Offline Saga Musix

• OpenMPT Developers
  • aka Jojo
    • Download music, samples, VST plugins: Saga Musix Website
  • Operating System: Windows 7 x64
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2010, 12:13:35 »
Ok... hmm, strange then. But then again, why should one believe M$ that Win7 runs just as well as WinXP on any machine. :P
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Offline jmkz

• Workaholic artist
    • jmkz Productions
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2010, 12:29:01 »
Is to test the functionality of OpenMPT under Windows 7 (under XP works well) and provide bug reports. It is also to check if this bug occurs in this Windows (I am running the Win 7 Ultimate 30-day trial)

Offline Really Weird Person

• Crazy artist
  • I love Daisy (デイジー)!
  • Operating System: Windows 8 Pro x64
Windows XP and Windows 7
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2010, 15:58:36 »
From the way it is described, I am not sure that the Aero interface is supported.

Offline Saga Musix

• OpenMPT Developers
  • aka Jojo
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2010, 16:00:02 »
Quote from: "djmakas"
By default Aero-stile is turned off   :D

» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Offline jmkz

• Workaholic artist
    • jmkz Productions
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2010, 22:49:39 »
I have some tests with Win 7 on my computer. This not supported my graphics. When the installation has done, it sets up the Windows 7 Basic theme. Graphic acceleration is weak, and they cannot run a simply old game like Half-Life even render in software mode.

Offline Saga Musix

• OpenMPT Developers
  • aka Jojo
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2010, 22:53:35 »
Well, you should be aware that software rendering takes up a biiiig amount of CPU time, that's not a good idea. :P

Offline LPChip

• Administrator
    • http://lpchip.nl
  • Operating System: Windows 7 (x64bit)
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2010, 11:51:09 »
Quote from: "djmakas"
I have some tests with Win 7 on my computer. This not supported my graphics. When the installation has done, it sets up the Windows 7 Basic theme. Graphic acceleration is weak, and they cannot run a simply old game like Half-Life even render in software mode.

Have you considered buying a better graphics card? Nowadays a simple 3d hardware accelerator card is cheap (unless you aim for the much better cards of course).

I think you can have one for 20 to 50 dollar already. Do check if you need AGP or PCI-Express (cus most likely you'll need AGP)

If of course your computer has an expansion slot at all..
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Offline jmkz

• Workaholic artist
    • jmkz Productions
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2010, 21:31:15 »
Yeah, it has an AGP 8x slot, I'm looking for a decent video card, I possibly buy it within 2 weeks.

Offline LPChip

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2010, 21:01:52 »
Just a reply to let you know that I also have this problem with the 1.18.0.00 build.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Offline LPChip

• Administrator
Re: 1.17.03.02 OpenMPT process remains after exit.
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2010, 11:45:00 »
I'm not sure if we should repost this bug in the issue tracker, because it very well might be a Windows related issue. Any thoughts on this?

Offline jmkz

• Workaholic artist
    • jmkz Productions
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2010, 03:30:33 »
I have tried within the newest versions of OpenMPT. It hangs in a 90 percent, using IT/MPTM module in combinations of Farbrausch V2 VSTi (single) and Angular Momentum VST's. Still testing, I think that it is related to the VST's IMO.

Offline Saga Musix

• OpenMPT Developers
  • aka Jojo
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2010, 09:26:16 »
LPChip told me that he has the same issue with other programs as well. Can you confirm that no other programs have the same issues?

Offline LPChip

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2010, 11:24:25 »
I certainly have this with Miranda IM too. I sometimes close miranda, but the container window remains open. Other occasions it closes as it supposes to be.

Perhaps its a bug in one of the dependencies, like MDI or so.

The weird thing about the issue with Miranda is: I always use the same plugins, but doesn't always close completely, so it can't only be related to what is going on. Its almost as if a service hangs. And at work, I even see this with programs like MS Word, Outlook, excel (also others, but these occur more frequently)

Offline jmkz

• Workaholic artist
    • jmkz Productions
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2010, 20:59:07 »
Here (~0.5MiB) is a test module (mptm) wich has some vst's. When you close the song, OpenMPT hangs.

Plugins used:
DX Echo (2x)
Synth1 VSTi (2x)
SuperWave P8 (1x)
Farbrausch V2 (single) [1x]

EDIT: test case download redirects to issue tracker.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 21:57:29 by jmkz »