1.17.03.03 Problems with VSTs and inestability (plugin bug)

Started by jmkz, January 14, 2010, 05:16:07

Previous topic - Next topic

jmkz

Full Version:
OpenMPT v1.17.03.03 revision (464)

Has the bug occured in previous versions? If yes, please specify version(s): (This option is optional, and doesn't need research. But in case you know...)
Yes, but less times

Description of the bug:
I'don know maybe problems handling VSTs(?) I need more info and opinions about this, some testing, but particulary with the next files.

How often does it happen?:
Anytime, whith the attached test files. (see below)

How to reproduce (step by step description):

First, there is two files, one called 'rekkmix-c.mptm' and other called 'vst-test_2110.mptm'. The first is very problematic; the second less. Play or edit those songs wherever you want, try to kept both in the same instance of OpenMPT. Is hard to define when OpenMPT hangs, so its faster if you have both open. As a last try to save (overwrite) the songs and then close OpenMPT (and so render to WAV, first render then save) , at this moment is when hangs. The other bug happen when you play the song but less probably.

To download test files:

vst-test_files.zip

Required VSTs:

SuperWave P8
Farbrausch V2
Classic Compressor
Synth1 VSTi 1.06-07

The new soundtouch library and other related files

OpenMPT related files (OpenMPT_SoundTouch_i16.dll)

All this as requested by Rakib in this post.

Well... we :?: need luck ( or me only :lol: ) to kill those bugs, to make OpenMPT more stable... :\

jmkz

Maybe it's fixed,  in the 1.18rc0 I have this more stable, and no crashes. Weird:?:

Saga Musix

Definitely sounds like a problem on your end then, because, as said so often before, we seldomly actually touch any of the playback-related code, so MPT normally never gets 50% faster by just switching to a new version or  suddenly gets instable or something.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Saga Musix

I tried those test files again, and it seems that dispatching the effClose command (asking a VST to terminate) on the V2 plugin seems to result in an endless loop (in the plugin, I guess)... No idea what's happening there...
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Saga Musix

I have just checked how those plugins behave in Renoise, and I can confirm that loading P8 and V2 into the same module also freezes Renoise. The only workaround that seems to work is putting P8 after V2 in the plugin list. That might be a bug in V2, so you'll have to live with it.

jmkz

I used to have both plug-ins; but it's good enough to know where the problem it's. Later i have decided to use rendered samples of V2 at time of building a song. Then I reincorporate the VST itself on the song and use as plug-in on render to wave.

Saga Musix

Quote from: jmkz on August 07, 2011, 01:45:39I used to have both plug-ins
Then you most likely used them in a different order; as said, loading V2 first and then P8 solves the problem.

Saga Musix

Regarding this V2 bug, it's worth noting that it doesn't happen when the plugin is bridged. I have added V2 to the list of plugins that should be bridged automatically using OpenMPT's plugin bridge that is currently being developed.

jmkz

Ok, it's nice to see good news, I will test the plugin bridge today. Thanks!