[Cheese Trance] Logical Control Right (mptm/ogg)

Started by Saga Musix, December 31, 2009, 15:29:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

Logical Control Right ranked 3rd in the Streamed Music Compo at the Ultimate Meeting 2009. It evolved out of another tune (which was a Bladerunner remix). This is the compo version, which is a bit too fast IMO (due to length limits, I increased the tempo). MPTM file will be provided later.

Download compo edit @ scene.org

Download final version (MPTM/OGG) at my website
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

psishock

3rd place? that is great, and the speedup is not that bad actually, i think its fine with this speed also. I'm glad it worked out in the end, considering the issues in the beginning. =)
Now lets do some first placed winner tunes. :D
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

Saga Musix

Ok, I couldn't be bothered to add more stuff, but I slowed it down a bit instead. Final version is now available as MPTM and OGG!
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

apple-joe

Melodic and pleasant to the ear despite the intense nature of the song. Impressive sound, but then that's the tendency with VSTs. A quite welcome slow down after one and half a minute. I expected and hoped for the introduction of another, more traditional lead instrument, but no luck. Nice song structure.

The overall impression is positive, but a wild, hypermelodic lead with maybe some unorthodox notes thrown in could have taken the song to yet another level. I'm not too familiar with this genre, so the idea isn't necessarily a good one.

Saga Musix

Well, more melodies'n'stuff were planned, but I didn't really have the motivation to add more stuff. For example, go to the general tab and set the volume of channel 26 to 64 and then listen to patterns 46 to 49. I didn't really know what to do with this melody, but I left it in for those who actually play around with the module. :)

AlisterFlint

the break (around 01:25) and last part (03:00-...) sound pretty good.
around 02:40 till 02:50, it sounds like somewhat saturated.
your snare might be a tad too loud, and i even wonder if it adds anything to the piece.  

overall, this is classic 4/4 dance: technically well produced and arranged.
however i think it's getting really tough nowadays to come up with anything interesting, let alone something new.

i'm sorry if i sound harsh, as it is really not my intent..

Saga Musix

well, i'm fully aware that it's nothing new or innovative. :P hence "cheese trance". :P

AlisterFlint

Harbinger

Notes as i'm listening:

Pounding beat and proper ear-leading, this is what i like to hear. My bandmate agrees! A very European sound and sensibility with excellent transitions and layering. Would rather have heard the "snare" given more attack and brought in closer from the background. I'm impressed with the chord changes and the sprinkling of outside samples. We will be keeping this in our Dance rotation.

WE LOVE CHEESE!  :cheers: