1.17.02.54 ZynAddSubFX VST - inaccessable interface

Started by triplefox, November 22, 2009, 17:40:02

Previous topic - Next topic

triplefox

Full Version:
OpenMPT v1.17.02.54

Has the bug occured in previous versions? If yes, please specify version(s): (This option is optional, and doesn't need research. But in case you know...)
Unknown

Description of the bug:

In all the Windows builds of Zyn I've tested, after you press "Edit" Modplug shows the FLTK window for a split second and then closes it. The plugin otherwise works and makes sound normally.

A recent Windows build can be found here:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=268277

The thread suggests slaving VSTHost but I haven't succeeded in doing that either.

Background info:
ZynAddSubFX is originally a Linux app and uses its own FLTK interface instead of running inside the VST window - the VST box just shows a stub. According to this thread, that hack is the source of the problem.

I'm desperate to use Zyn with ModPlug, it's ultra-powerful and the only synth I need, really... (honestly, I think it would work great as a built-in synth but that is a separate discussion)

How often does it happen?:
10/10

How to reproduce (step by step description):
Install ZynAddSubFX plugin. Load it in OpenMPT. Open "Edit" view.

jmkz

Try to use this version of OpenMPT. Jojo's has on his website a developmet build of the newest code revision, follow this other link.

Saga Musix

The problem is still there in the latest versions, so that's no help. I have toyed around with the Alcatraz 4k synth myself a bit which also creates its own window, so I don't really know what the problem with Zyn is.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Saga Musix

Closing this as it seems like either something in ZynAddSubFX or OpenMPT has changed so that it works now.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.