Author Topic: 1.17.02.54 ZynAddSubFX VST - inaccessable interface  (Read 3003 times)

Offline triplefox

• Shy artist
1.17.02.54 ZynAddSubFX VST - inaccessable interface
« on: November 22, 2009, 17:40:02 »
Full Version:
OpenMPT v1.17.02.54

Has the bug occured in previous versions? If yes, please specify version(s): (This option is optional, and doesn't need research. But in case you know...)
Unknown

Description of the bug:

In all the Windows builds of Zyn I've tested, after you press "Edit" Modplug shows the FLTK window for a split second and then closes it. The plugin otherwise works and makes sound normally.

A recent Windows build can be found here:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=268277

The thread suggests slaving VSTHost but I haven't succeeded in doing that either.

Background info:
ZynAddSubFX is originally a Linux app and uses its own FLTK interface instead of running inside the VST window - the VST box just shows a stub. According to this thread, that hack is the source of the problem.

I'm desperate to use Zyn with ModPlug, it's ultra-powerful and the only synth I need, really... (honestly, I think it would work great as a built-in synth but that is a separate discussion)

How often does it happen?:
10/10

How to reproduce (step by step description):
Install ZynAddSubFX plugin. Load it in OpenMPT. Open "Edit" view.

Offline jmkz

• Workaholic artist
    • jmkz Productions
  • Operating System: Windows Server 2012 R2
.54 ZynAddSubFX VST - inaccessable interface
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 06:15:12 »
Try to use this version of OpenMPT. Jojo's has on his website a developmet build of the newest code revision, follow this other link.

Offline Saga Musix

• OpenMPT Developers
  • aka Jojo
    • Download music, samples, VST plugins: Saga Musix Website
  • Operating System: Windows 7 x64
.54 ZynAddSubFX VST - inaccessable interface
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 06:20:23 »
The problem is still there in the latest versions, so that's no help. I have toyed around with the Alcatraz 4k synth myself a bit which also creates its own window, so I don't really know what the problem with Zyn is.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Offline Saga Musix

• OpenMPT Developers
  • aka Jojo
    • Download music, samples, VST plugins: Saga Musix Website
  • Operating System: Windows 7 x64
Re: 1.17.02.54 ZynAddSubFX VST - inaccessable interface
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 16:11:16 »
Closing this as it seems like either something in ZynAddSubFX or OpenMPT has changed so that it works now.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.