More colour options.

Started by ant1, November 20, 2009, 02:16:53

Previous topic - Next topic

ant1

Sample drawing, MilkyTracker-style, would be a huge improvement, in my opinion.

Also, in View->Setup->Colors, colours can be changed for the pattern editor, and a few other things, but there's still a lot which is a fixed colour (mostly grey). It'd be great to be able to change that, too.

I know you guys work really hard on this anyway, so if you can't find the time for this, or it isn't possible, then no worries.

On that note, I'll offer my help, if you want it - I know C++. :D

Keep up the good work!

Saga Musix

:shock: Sample drawing is already possible. look here...

I also don't really know what you want to paint in different colours, the upper part of each tab consists of Windows standard controls which can't really be painted. (well it IS possible, but it's a pain in the ass).

On the other hand, new developers are always welcome, so if you have Visual Studio, you're more than welcome. :)

BTW: Don't I know you from ModArchive already? :D
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

ant1

Yeah, I'm from ModArchive too. Hey!

Thanks for that link for the sample drawing, I didn't know about that. Great!

I'm using MinGW at the moment, but if the free version of Visual C++ is fine, I can install that too. Thanks again for the best tracker ever! :)

Saga Musix

I'm afraid that it's currently not possible to compile OpenMPT with VStudio Express, due to the MFC library being used. A long term goal would be to replace that by something more modern and platform independent, like for example Qt (the only dev who currently has an opinion about which framework should be used is Xaimus, I think, and he voted for that). So if you have experience with that, that would be awesome! :D
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

ant1

Well, I have the latest Windows SDK, so I should have whichever libraries are required anyway, right?

Moving across to Qt, GTK or something similar seems like a cool idea, but probably a huge amount of work. I don't have any experience with it either, sorry! :(

Saga Musix

The Windows SDK does not include the MFC library, I think. :\

ant1

Oh, right!  Looks like I won't be getting involved any time soon, then. Ah well!

It'd be great if you could move it across to a framework like Qt. Even cooler if you could make it cross-platform! I always feel a bit sorry for those Mac users, haha. :)

Relabsoluness

There's also a VS pro trial version available.