Duplicate vst - instrument/effect

Started by Rakib, November 10, 2009, 00:25:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Rakib

Just to be able to copy a selected effect/instrument with settings you have made earlier.

Edit: Moved to issue tracker: http://bugs.openmpt.org/view.php?id=35
^^

LPChip

Are you after plugins, or just the instruments tab?
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

As cloning mod instruments is already possible, I assume he means VST(i)s by "effects/instruments".
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Rakib

vst effects/instruments. Like with the rigth mouse button

^^

LPChip

I've requested this in the past too (years ago even)

Rewbs suggested that until this feature would be implemented, you could save the preset to disk, open a new instance, and load the preset.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Rakib

Or just open two instances and changing the settings from one to another like I'm doing today.

So, it's just a timesaver thingy.
^^

Rakib

^^

Saga Musix

Bumping bugs helps sometimes, but not bumping feature requests. Actually, this is has been requested years ago already, so I wouldn't wonder if it take another x years to implement.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.