1.17.03.02 Graphics bugs:disappearing sliders and menu

Started by BooT-SectoR-ViruZ, October 22, 2009, 20:32:31

Previous topic - Next topic

BooT-SectoR-ViruZ

Full Version:
OpenMPT v1.17.3.02

Has the bug occured in previous versions? If yes, please specify version(s): .54 & .53 (before those it definitely didn't)

Description of the bug: On some of the tabs, especially the instrument tab, some of the sliders and pulldown menus will disappear when jumping between tabs. most notably it's the 'plugin/midi' pulldown menu on the instrument tab.

another thing that has been annoying me for ages is that if you add some randomizations in the instrument tab the sliders will occasionally disappear. this has been the case since .40 until now, though it strangely doesn't seem to occur in 3.02 anymore.

How often does it happen?:
almost always

How to reproduce (step by step description):
create a new song, create a new instrument, go to the sample tab, go to the instrument tab again... 'plugin/midi' menu will be gone. doesn't seem to be connected to screen res, tried with both 1024x768 and 1280x1024
10 years on ModPlug... f#cking hell...

Soundcloud for B-S-V | Soundcloud for DX4-100 | Bandcamp for B-S-V

Saga Musix

This is a known bug and could possibly be a result from Olivier's rather weird MFC hacks. One more reason to switch to a decent modern window toolkit.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

BooT-SectoR-ViruZ

Quote from: "Jojo"This is a known bug and could possibly be a result from Olivier's rather weird MFC hacks. One more reason to switch to a decent modern window toolkit.

just out of curiosity.... any idea why the old randomizer slider bug doesn't appear anymore?
10 years on ModPlug... f#cking hell...

Soundcloud for B-S-V | Soundcloud for DX4-100 | Bandcamp for B-S-V

Saga Musix

I can't say anything for sure, but all "invisible controls" are most likely a result of this. I normally get the controls back by switching tabs or hovering them. I can't really say much more about that for now.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Saga Musix

I think this one should finally be solved in the upcoming OpenMPT 1.23...