[classical/electronic] Igor Vitkevich - St.rav..in...sky

Started by Louigi Verona, October 13, 2009, 19:18:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Louigi Verona

A guy made arrangements (performances) of Igor Stravinsky. Profound work, in style of early electronic music.

http://www.disc-shelf.com/?album=141

uncloned

uncloned

OMG

this can - this should be available in stores - or somehow be downloaded for the general public as MP3 and physical media. (I can do it in linux, thank you)

LV - this is a total winner - this is what Tomita is to Debussy with Snowflakes are Dancing.

man oh man this is fantastic..........  I want... no NEED this on my iPod.

uncloned

I see this is for sale at other outlets

http://www.downloadplatform.com/directory.php?artist=707&title=IGOR+VITKEVICH

http://www.discogs.com/Igor-Vitkevich-StRavinsky/release/1844930

hmmm I guess now I should pay him.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention - one of the more exciting CDs I've heard in a while.

Sam_Zen

NB : A procedure to download the tracks at Disc Shelf :
1. Click on a track (to select it), then click Pause
2. Right click on the track. Pick Download of the menu
3. Nothings seems to happen, but the file is first fully loaded (I guess in cache), before the actual quick saving.
4. Start from 1. with next track.

Just listened.
This is remarkable work. I consider this as a 'pastiche' of the work of Tomita.
Some samples used point strongly in this direction. Typical Moog sounds.
Later on, it was starting to get a bit too bombastic for a while, with man on the moon, like that.
But the production is excellent.

uncloned

yes,

the cache in firefox on ubuntu needed to be loaded as well - but disc-shelf doesn't play in ubuntu. I had to download them.

Louigi Verona

Quote from: "uncloned"yes,

the cache in firefox on ubuntu needed to be loaded as well - but disc-shelf doesn't play in ubuntu. I had to download them.

Yeah, to play Disc Shelf in Ubuntu you have to install a proprietary flash plugin. But not to worry - soon I add a download feature so that everyone will be able to choose whether to listen to online or download.

As for the flash plugin, the savior of the day is html5. I am planning a transition to it by the end of this year or in the beginning of the next and then Disc Shelf will not depend on nasty proprietary technologies anymore and will play in every free OS out there.

Now, about Vitkevich - I do not think he is for sale. He releases his work at the Qulture label, just as I do occasionally. If you look at discogs, you can find two of my albums too, but I do not think any of this is sold - it is listed and freely available from qulture.ru
The only bad thing about qulture.ru is that it has a limited bandwidth and sometimes you wouldn't be able to download as the site goes over the limit.

Anyway, both on Qulture and mirrored on Disc Shelf there is another great work by Vitkevich, so you can check that out too.

Nahkranoth

Hey, LV, is it ok to post the direct links here for everyone who'd like to d/l the whole album without hassle? You know, for savers :D

Louigi Verona

uncloned

LV - visit the links I posted.... this and other work by him is indeed for sale.

uncloned

I hate to throw water on this festival

I think Ivan is expecting money for downloading his work..............

Louigi Verona

Quote from: "uncloned"I hate to throw water on this festival

I think Ivan is expecting money for downloading his work..............

Ivan may expect some income like that from grateful fans. He, however, officially released his work at Qulture, where it is available for download at no cost, and then Quture officially released this at Disc Shelf.

http://www.qulture.ru/?menu=2&mp3=77

I do not think he is expecting money for downloading. In fact, I fail to see why would anyone today expect to be paid money for people downloading something. Seriously.

uncloned

ok, I feel better, thank you.

It is hard to argue with facts.

This is the best classical interpretation I've heard in a long while so I'm glad I can enjoy it - especially free.

Louigi Verona

I've contacted the guy to ask him about his work and methods and inspirations and stuff. We'll see if he answers.