VST Search directory

Started by LPChip, October 09, 2009, 21:43:00

Previous topic - Next topic

LPChip

If you load in a song that uses a plug-in that you miss, it'll ask you if you want to search for this plug-in at kvraudio.com.

I was thinking: Isn't it possible to add a setting to give a default VST Directory, and when it encounters a vst in a song that isn't in the list, that it looks for the dll in that folder or subfolder, or optionally (preferred actually) looking for that plug-in in the directory the song is stored in.

Say, you download a song and it has plug-ins in the package, it'll look in the directory to add em.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Sam_Zen

uncloned

Saga Musix

i was thinking about that before, but i haven't done anything about it yet. :P
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

Well then... As Captain Pickard would say: Make it so! :nuts:
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

In case you set this to "S=A", please reset it. I never said that i was going to do this. I have a whole lot of other things to do first. I was just thinking that it might be a good idea!
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip