[slow synth-pop] A Cry From The Depth (mp3)

Started by TheEagle, October 06, 2009, 10:25:11

Previous topic - Next topic

TheEagle

Hi everybody.

Today I'd like to introduce a slow synth-pop song supported by some e-guitars:

A Cry From The Depth

Ok, I'm not sure if "synth-pop" fits here but I really don't know what else it could be.
Anyway, I hope you like it.

Greetings,
-The Eagle

uncloned

TheEagle

Thanks for listen & comment Mr Uncloned.

Sam_Zen

Clones has a point. This could be something behind a game scene filled with bravery.
Anyway, well done.

TheEagle

Well, it was not really my intention to create game music, but if the song feels like this to you, it's ok to me.

Thanks for listen and commenting. Glad you like it, sam.

Nahkranoth

Good piece, Mr.Eagle! But to me it sounds more like music for the titles, not like background for some game. I hope you wouldn't mind :D

TheEagle

Glad you like it Nahkranoth. And of course I don't mind. As I wrote above: if it sounds that way to you, it's ok to me...

Mr Uncloned: I'd like to thank you for the nice review you wrote on ctg, but I would prefer to read it here...

uncloned

I forgot someone other than you is posting your songs at CTG.

Here is the review

Mr Eagles song is an excellent trip into musical heroism - which is why I think it sounds like a great sound track for a game where the hero has finally overcome all odds and vanquished all foes - stands in the sun light as victor and King of all he sees.

This piece has lovely pads - nice synth stabs/FX's and a lovely guitar solo that fully explains what the victory means.

The percussion adds to the epic feel - and Mr eagle has a great sense of memorable melody.

The only knock against the piece is that it consists of basically one chord progression - and while it develops nicely with texture - the next level for a piece like this is to include a contrasting part.

uncloned

I've been writing reviews there recently in order to post more songs. I'm doing an experiment because some of my songs are getting pulled into these mp3 aggregation sites and picking up  lots of hits as mentioned elsewhere on modplug. So I'm still conducting my experiment trying to figure out what elements appeal.