1.17.02.52 When exporting as wave, VSTi gets different tempo

Started by bvanoudtshoorn, October 14, 2008, 14:53:15

Previous topic - Next topic

bvanoudtshoorn

Full Version:
OpenMPT v1.17.02.52

Has the bug occured in previous versions? If yes, please specify version(s): Yes, I think so.

Description of the bug:
When using Kontakt, when I export a track using the "Save as Wave" option, the tempo in Kontakt stops matching that in Modplug. In other words, if I've got, say, a delay effect in Kontakt that's tempo-synced to OpenMPT, its gets all out of whack when I export.

How often does it happen?:
Every time you export as wave.

How to reproduce (step by step description):
Make a track using Kontakt (inside Chainer for stability) which relies on tempo-syncing with the host. Export it as wave.

I was hoping that someone else who has Kontakt and Chainer could confirm this bug for me. :/ For the moment, I'm back to using the loopback on my x-fi.

LPChip

Isn't this one of the oldest cases around? I believe there's a checkbox on the wave export dialog to compsenate for this.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

bvanoudtshoorn

No, slow render doesn't help. AFAIK, slow render was put in for dropouts when you're using DirectFromDisk in Kontakt. :(

bvanoudtshoorn

Update: from what I can tell, it still occurs in slow rendering, but the problem's not as pronounced. :/

BooT-SectoR-ViruZ

i'm not 100% sure that this is really an OMPT bug....
having similar issues with reFX bassline though, but i'm under the impression that this is more related to how these plugins are handeled. (and no, slow render doesn't solve this kind of problem)

does this problem occur regardness of having played the tune before rendering?
10 years on ModPlug... f#cking hell...

Soundcloud for B-S-V | Soundcloud for DX4-100 | Bandcamp for B-S-V

Saga Musix

Another one of those Kontakt bugs... What's the status on this one?
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Saga Musix