[Synth/Dance] Fever (mp3)

Started by Oliwerko, September 19, 2009, 21:32:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Harbinger

*whispers*

something tells me he learned a little from our discussion, so it's all good! :wink:

Oliwerko

I am not afraid of death.
I am afraid of murder.

uncloned

good!!

music theory.... its like learning how to read a book but it doesn't give you the gift of being an author.

the biggest use of theory for me today is to know a lot more choices that are available than say before college.

On the other hand - writing music "by the book" results, IMHO, in tables and chairs and not art.  Sure, you can use a I-IV-V rock progression like everyone else... but its damn hard to make it your own or make it sound like something new. Some people can - and that's a creative gift and not a theory book. I've seen people get confused on that point.

VesQ

Hiya

I was so impressed on the quality of this song that I had to register just to comment on this. Amazing, this would fit _perfectly_ as background music for some sort of a platform game.

For my conscience not to judge me, I had to come and ask you this question: would it be OK if I'd use this piece of music for a non-commercial game of some kind? I'm a(n amateur) programmer with a lack of musical creativity so I never could create something like this by myself.

Thanks!
-VesQ

EDIT: Oh ofcourse, private message would've been better... well, I just felt like posting this here so everyone could read it, since it was some kind of a review at the same time.

Oliwerko

Hello there,

Just for convenience in the future - please use the private message system so the thread does not get bumped and the others don't have to read private matters.

I have to say that I'm flattered  :lol:

Seriously, I'm glad you like it, and yes, feel free to use it wherever you want, just let me know so I can check it out then :wink:
I am not afraid of death.
I am afraid of murder.