Pattern zoom

Started by 404notfound, August 21, 2009, 16:59:37

Previous topic - Next topic

404notfound

Visually it's similar to the "Grow/Shrink selection" commands, except it applies to the whole pattern and that you don't actually modify anything, but rather omit the display of rows.

For example, an x1 zoom renders everything, x2 shows one in two rows while x4 only displays 1/4 and so on.

This is useful when working with high speed tunes where you can lay down the basic structure at high zoom(like x4 or x8), which lets you see the big picture and then going with x1(no zoom) when working on details like manual arpeggios.

Possible problems: timestamps other than 4/4.

Nahkranoth

LPChip

A workaround would be to use a lower tempo and use the SDx command to delay a note to another tick.

(Its what I use)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

You can't do the same stuff with low speed that you can with high speeds, though. If someone uses high speeds, he or she has a reason for that, I think.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

Oh, I know!

Its just that s/he might want to know this in case s/he can't wait for the change to be implemented. :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Nahkranoth

I/he/she can live without it, but a nice addition this thing would be :D