Shareable color schemes

Started by Harbinger, August 15, 2009, 01:26:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Harbinger

Store color schemes in a separate file.

Exchange the presets button in the Color options page for a single Load button where you can browse for preset color schemes.

A Save button would also allow you to save your color scheme in case you'd like to share it.

bvanoudtshoorn

Really Weird Person

This would be excellent indeed. With a feature such as this, I would not have to manually color the program each time! Of course, you know how I colored it, so perhaps this comment will be totally ignored. Maybe not totally ignored. I might be exaggeratng a little bit with that.

Saga Musix

You might just have a look at the mptrack.ini file instead of recovering your colors (or just don't delete/overwrite it at all).
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Really Weird Person

Oh, you mean keep a backup copy of mptrack.ini. That would certainly be a wise move. I am not sure why I did not think of that before.

BooT-SectoR-ViruZ

Quote from: "Really Weird Person"Oh, you mean keep a backup copy of mptrack.ini. That would certainly be a wise move. I am not sure why I did not think of that before.
well, one should always have a backup of that (and everything else), though i would also support the request to make color schemes exportable... i understand, that as simple as it may sound it would require quite some work... still it's a nice idea to make them shareable

*stabbingjojosback*

ofcause this is not something really urgent...
10 years on ModPlug... f#cking hell...

Soundcloud for B-S-V | Soundcloud for DX4-100 | Bandcamp for B-S-V

Saga Musix

» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Really Weird Person

So, perhaps what that means is that hopefully Jojo (as well as everyone else) has a lot of patience. My dad and I did try to modify the program in the past, but because:
1. I do not know much about how to program in C++ and my dad did not remember some of the techniques (I think that would be the wrong term, but I cannot remember it at the moment) to make programs. In addition, he said that the code that ModPlug Tracker uses is too complex for his understanding.
2. Of the program code's complexity
I would imagine that it will probably be quite a while before we see this version of ModPlug Tracker on SourceForge in a stable form (especially if the sequencer, row count and the effects were reformatted to start at 1) (highly unlikely). In fact, I would say that is probably less likely to happen than the sequential limit being increased again (which Jojo has already said is unlikely to happen).

Saga Musix

Quoteespecially if the sequencer, row count and the effects were reformatted to start at 1
why would anyone want that? that's how trackers work, period.

Really Weird Person

I am not exactly sure why someone would want that (since computers' counting numbers (which are based on the binary (base-2) system) start with zero anyway) (which is indeed weird assuming that, when the inventor learned how to count, he/she started at one rather than zero).

Sam_Zen

No, it started with zero.

Really Weird Person

I was referring to the actual inventor not the invented (assuming you were thinking the other way). :lol:

Saga Musix

Ok, I was bored, so you maybe feel a bit happier now.

LPChip

Why, are you pregnant now? :nuts:
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix