0 (0%)
.S3M(Scream Tracker)
0 (0%)
u dont care... u dont know... you dont use mpt
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: February 02, 2006, 18:40:32

LPChip

Many people think like you when they are new to a complex system, and they want to keep things as easy as possible.

It took me some time to go from .s3m to .it but once I was, it was a good thing. While working a lot with .it, I never felt the need to use instruments. I always kept using samples and I thought everyone who used instruments were unskilled, doing things easy. Then someone who I think was a good mucisian said that he had the same thing but was glad he switched over made me think. So one day I decided to just try instruments. I discovered the new note actions and a world opened up to me. Since then I never went back. A similar transition I did when I was using samples instead of Virtual instruments (VSTi's). I thought that VSTi's was cheating and that it didn't take much skill. I thought that VSTi's were too limited and that I could as well just record the sound of that VSTi to a sample and use it that way. Once I dared to actually dive into VSTi's, it changed my world. True, at that point VSTi's were not as compatible as samples. I couldn't do most effects, but the concept of sound dynamically changing over the course of the song while still having a small song intriqued me.

I think you have the same with your MOD is the best format, simply because you haven't fully graphed the other formats yet.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

FreezeFlame(Alchemy)

I haven't yet grasped the most epic of features tha the IT format offers (New Note Action is actually quiet nice, expecialy for drums, and the Filters are an nice feature to, beside the larger effect pool and few features i may have overlooked accidently).

QuoteI think you have the same with your MOD is the best format, simply because you haven't fully graphed the other formats yet.
When i started with OpenMPT first, i didn't even thought about using the MOD format for anything, since i didn't at that point realized that it can be universaly played on almost any kind of module player engine (and main reason being the interest in video game composing, specificaly the Game Boy Advance). My first format was S3M to :), but i never used Scream Tracker 3 (started with tracker music kinda late :().
Blue Flames of the Night.

Was known as Alchemy before(with an Dialga picture).