0 (0%)
.S3M(Scream Tracker)
0 (0%)
u dont care... u dont know... you dont use mpt
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: February 02, 2006, 18:40:32

Dj Cruk CHIKIN

Well... just click on which format u perfer to use with mpt :)... And maybe just explain what you like about that particular format. I personally Like .XM because you can use a finetune and when you go to a sample in thr sample section, thats the instruments you use in the patterns section rather than having to go to the instrument menu and having to select it.... too much trouble :P Also im used to all of the 4th column keys:P
Eat... Its good for you.

Squirrel Havoc

I voted IT (even though you should have added ITP to it too), because I like all the features and stuff, and IT means freedom, with NNA's and DNA's and all the features in the instrument panel that I never use, but will sometime.
Anyone can do anything if they have nothing else to do
-
Most musicians are talented. I'm just determined.

Dj Cruk CHIKIN

whats the difference between .ITP and .IT?
Eat... Its good for you.

Squirrel Havoc

ITP doesn't save the instrument/samples in them, it saves links to them. This saves on filespace if you work in a lot of songs with huge huge huge samples. There are drawbacks, if you ever delete/rename/move the source sample, the song wont load right until you reload the sample. And (atleast I think this part is true), the instrument tab settings have to be saved into the XI file, they wont be saved into the song

Can someone correct me if I am wrong or if I didnt tell everything?
-

Sam_Zen

2 Squirrel Havoc
Thanks for the info. A good answer to a good question.

I voted for XM. But I think this is mostly a matter of personal history of how one grows into the tracking thing.
Rather than which is better. I started with FastTracker. Someone else maybe started with ImpulseTracker.
Both a matter of learning the codes, the commands, the layout and the solutions for an idea.
Although the MOD-format obviously is not very popular so far, because it is rather 'primitive', I want to express my thanks to that format, because it was the one, that offered me the concept of the tracker-module.

Squirrel Havoc

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"But I think this is mostly a matter of personal history of how one grows into the tracking thing.

Funny thing, I picked IT, and I started with MPT. Ive used many tracker/sequencers over the years, but I always come back
-

LPChip

.IT all the way.

In my perspective, IT has all the functions you'd want to have, and I just grew up with what all the effects are (cus .xm has them on another letter than in .it)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Dj Cruk CHIKIN

i still like XM :)  The "X" makes it sound cool  8)
Eat... Its good for you.

Sam_Zen

So obviously it's a personal thing. At the same time, I monitor the developments of OMPT, and see, that the direction goes more into implementing and enhancing the IT-format, so I will adjust tu future use, if necessary.

LPChip

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"So obviously it's a personal thing. At the same time, I monitor the developments of OMPT, and see, that the direction goes more into implementing and enhancing the IT-format, so I will adjust tu future use, if necessary.

Thats basically because IT has everything the other formats also have while the other formats don't have everything IT has.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Squirrel Havoc

I just can't wait till the new custom format comes out, that should be sweet
-

shableep

yah. no reason to use XM when IT has all XM's features and more.

using XM is like drinking skim milk when you have a perfectly good gallon of chocolate milk in the fridge. mmmmmm. no, i'm not fat.   yet.

Squirrel Havoc

Funny...i drink skim milk, and I am fat :)
-

Dj Cruk CHIKIN

heh i drink chocolate soya milk :P and i eat more then enough.. and im not fat  :?

I think another thing wrong with ITP maybe that if you want to send the module file to a friend over msn or somehting, they wont receive the samples.
Eat... Its good for you.

FreezeFlame(Alchemy)

To bad its over with the voting. :(
Anyway,my personal favorite is MOD.

I can't really get anything interesting done with IT,XM and now S3M.But i do like it over the others for:
Simple to use (and less unforgiving compared to IT and XM,ecspecialy with Instruments). Can be played on most audio tracker players.
And i get atleast an impression how people used Protracker and made the ''thought'' impossible possible. Such times are golden.
Blue Flames of the Night.

Was known as Alchemy before(with an Dialga picture).