Allow bigger values for exx and fxx

Started by Nahkranoth, June 10, 2009, 13:52:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Nahkranoth

[edited a lot to make it clear]
For VSTi of course.
A lot of VSTi sound detuned in a bad way because of different amounts of pitchbend applied per unit, and to do precise bending. And for the hell of it I suggest to allow values more than 09, (atm you can't input for example f11, f09 is maximum).

Saga Musix

Not possible due to the given data formats of the IT container atm. Have you tried Exx / Fxx?
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Nahkranoth

Quote from: "Jojo"Not possible due to the given data formats of the IT container atm. Have you tried Exx / Fxx?
I've never tried it with VSTi, only with samples :oops:
For some unknown reason it's more convenient, maybe because there can be some parameter automated in the effect column?
Just personal preferences ::)
But maybe it can be possible in MPTM? Just some minor things that can make the whole process easier.

LPChip

Are you entering this in the volume column, or the effects column? Cus the effects column should allow more values than just 09.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

at the moment, this can also not be done in MPTM because it's basically an IT container.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Nahkranoth

Quote from: "LPChip"Are you entering this in the volume column, or the effects column? Cus the effects column should allow more values than just 09.
I use the volume column. It's like a habit and in the effects section there can be some automation going on. Perhaps I should try to use effects for this more. But the request is still due :D

Saga Musix

May I point out that "automation" (I guess you do this using Zxx or \xx) can also be done on a completely different channel if you're using VSTi... Simply assign the VSTi to another channel and send your macros there.

Nahkranoth

That's the point, I don't want to use so much channels. Keep 'em tidy, sir!

Saga Musix

Using more channels is actually tidier, especially with the new control parameters that will be introduced at some point... one channel per VST parameter, THAT's tidy. :P

Nahkranoth

Quote from: "Jojo"especially with the new control parameters that will be introduced at some point...
Can't wait, dripping all over! :shock:  :D