Looking for a symblol

Started by LPChip, January 22, 2006, 21:31:11

Previous topic - Next topic

LPChip

Okay guys, I'm having a weird question here.

I'm looking for a symbol or image that represents "easy"

Its like having a button and explain that its easy by adding this symbol.

I've though about the EZ, but thats not really a symbol.

Does any of you have an idea?
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

shableep

Squirrel Havoc

"Hey, this is so easy it makes you comfy, like a stool softener!"

Hmm, not really a symbol either. Oh well
Anyone can do anything if they have nothing else to do
-
Most musicians are talented. I'm just determined.

Sam_Zen

Yep, finding an icon for "easy" is not easy.
Did you ever check the potentials of some Unicode-sets for extra symbols ?
Something like this : ∿
(Of course it is html-bound)

tvdude

An image that comes to mind for representing something that is easy is a slice  of cake or a "Piece" of cake.  I realize that there are people who view this site from many different countries, but in Canada, something that is considered easy is often refered to as "a piece of cake"...as in..."jumping over that rock was a ""piece of cake"" .   Anyway.  Just a thought.
tvdude
"If you look ten feet into a five foot well, you will see what you choose to see."

LPChip

Quote from: "tvdude"An image that comes to mind for representing something that is easy is a slice  of cake or a "Piece" of cake.  I realize that there are people who view this site from many different countries, but in Canada, something that is considered easy is often refered to as "a piece of cake"...as in..."jumping over that rock was a ""piece of cake"" .   Anyway.  Just a thought.

I've also asked this on another forum, but so far the best answer I've got was the symbol of an "L" for learning.

This example, the "Piece of Cake", which can be represented as that, is actually very good!

Others did the spoon for a baby, but that represents that it could be for children; the 1+1=2, but that could be for logic or a puzzle.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

LPChip

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"Yep, finding an icon for "easy" is not easy.
Did you ever check the potentials of some Unicode-sets for extra symbols ?
Something like this : ∿
(Of course it is html-bound)

This symbol is a sine which would mean "audio" to me. Good site though!

Sam_Zen

Quote from: "LPChip"This symbol is a sine which would mean "audio" to me. Good site though!
Isn't it ? Not all codes will work though, as being pc-language-dependent. I agree on the sine meaning "audio".
I explored this a lot and dl'd most of the sets for my archive. I edited an overview of the categories here.
You're a master with ascii-art, I made some basic attempts to do unicode-art. (sound and characters dept).
By the way : those unicode charts are all in pdf-format. Do you know Foxit reader ? It takes less than 3 Mb instead of the ridiculous 70 mb of acrobat.
Piece of cake by tvdude is a nice one, I think. But how to make a symbol of this ? Some 3d-triangular shape ?

LPChip

I think you took me too literal on the symbol thing. I'm looking for a visual representation of the word easy. The symbol needs to symbolise something being easy. So it just can be a graphical image.

I'll use it for a logo design for an application. The "Piece of cake" so far has the best meaning, but if someone knows another one, please tell me!

Sam_Zen

2 LPChip
I don't think I took it too literal. It's just a practical matter to search for a shape already available, as in this case in a 16-bit ascii-set, to find something that can be transferred onto a bitmap.
You mentioned 'EZ'. If so, isn't it better to use 'EC' ? The pronunciation comes closer, I think.
How about : 1+1=

Squirrel Havoc

Symbols mean different things to different people (such as the ror-shak test, which i can't spell :( ), so finding one that means one thing to many people would be much more difficult than the word "easy" just written out
Anyone can do anything if they have nothing else to do
-
Most musicians are talented. I'm just determined.

LPChip

Well, if its not possible, then its not possible.  If there's a way to make it recognisable, then it be cool, but certainly not required.

Bytheway: 1+1= means logic to me instead of easy. I'd be thinking about a program language or a puzzle.