[whatever fits here] The Model of a Spherical Horse... (mp3)

Started by Nahkranoth, May 18, 2009, 09:12:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Nahkranoth

Finally I've managed to finish this track. Started around the date I posted a topic about wobbly bass, and worked on it like 1 hour in the month, due to my extreme lazyness/lack of time.
It's an experiment this time, not something I do/listen to everyday. It's not my cup of tea, it can be that it's not even yours :D
It's inspiration lies in limitations of a synthesizer called "Pink". Good sounding but very limited VSTi it is. Here's the screenshot:

It has no presets, so it's the first time I actually had to twiddle the knobs :D
Every sound you'll hear is coming from Pink, the only effects used are reverbs, phasers, a bit of bitcrusher :lol:, and the only guitalike sound is heavily processed. Well, except that there is a vocoder too which is not the part of Pink (TAL-Vocoder).
The name comes from russian joke, don't know if there is an equivalent in English.
The Model of a Spherical Horse in the Vacuum

TheEagle

Not my cup of tea, too. But nevertheless really interesting work...

BTW: I'm very glad to see that you guys went back to the music instead of wasting time with an endless 'licence-discussion'....

Nahkranoth

Quote from: "TheEagle"Not my cup of tea, too. But nevertheless really interesting work...
Thank thee, Eagle!
Quote from: "TheEagle"BTW: I'm very glad to see that you guys went back to the music instead of wasting time with an endless 'licence-discussion'....
I was just curious spectator, and fan of Sam's comments :D

uncloned

I'm not so sure all the parts go together - the section after the space rock beginning seems to be an odd contrast - not so much the idea but as to the actual pattern chosen.

I like the tone of the guitar and the vocoder sounds especially.

Louigi Verona

Eagle, I think you mistook Nahkranoth for Harbinger )))

Nahkranoth: Loved the first part. Actually very interesting tune. It also got me interested in PInk and TAL Vocoder as well.

Nahkranoth

Quote from: "uncloned"I'm not so sure all the parts go together - the section after the space rock beginning seems to be an odd contrast - not so much the idea but as to the actual pattern chosen.
Yeah, that's my persistent problem. I always wander from one tune to another and can't quite stick to the main theme. But it's an experiment so everything will do.
Quote from: "uncloned"I like the tone of the guitar and the vocoder sounds especially.
Thank you, uncloned, TAL Vocoder is really something!
Guitar is Pink->4l limiter (by Mystran) pushed too hard->delay->Haas effect. I got to try it on real guitar :D . Forgot the names, but if you interested, I can look and post here tomorrow.
Quote from: "Louigi Verona"Loved the first part. Actually very interesting tune. It also got me interested in PInk and TAL Vocoder as well.
Thank you, LV! That first part was supposed to be a demo for some shitty vst that never seen the light of day. I remade it for Pink.
If you can't find Pink, I can post it somewhere tomorrow. It's kinda obscure :)

uncloned

Nahkranoth

Have you listened to Can't Stop Myself?

I'd be very interested in your opinion seeing how you are a very modern metal type person. I think I stepped out of 70's metal with that one.

[edit] but I labeled it 70's metal... hmmm...... [/edit]

Chris

Louigi Verona

You are right  I can't find it - please post it here!

uncloned

I will add that it is impressive you did this with esstentially one vsti

TheEagle

Quote from: "Nahkranoth"I was just curious spectator, and fan of Sam's comments :D
Quote from: "Louigi"Eagle, I think you mistook Nahkranoth for Harbinger )))
Oops, my mistake. You both are right, of course...

Nahkranoth

Quote from: "uncloned"Have you listened to Can't Stop Myself?
No, I wanted to finish my track first without listening to others' music. But as it finished now (phew!) I surely will. Quite a pack you upped lately, clones :D
QuoteI'd be very interested in your opinion seeing how you are a very modern metal type person. I think I stepped out of 70's metal with that one.
Not so modern as you think, I grew up on Deep Purple, still listening to ELP, early Alice Cooper...
QuoteI will add that it is impressive you did this with esstentially one vsti
Thank you again! :oops: I was seriously tempted to use dedicated drumsynths or samples, but I resisted with a heroic effort :D
And this is specifically for LV:
Pink VSTi
But be warned, it's so big, the download won't finish today :lol: j/k

Louigi Verona

uncloned

uncloned

Nahkranoth

Still no comments from Sam_Zen. Time to start worrying. Art thou in good health, mate?