[Ambient Album] Ambient Stories 2 (mp3)

Started by cubaxd, May 02, 2009, 22:27:03

Previous topic - Next topic

cubaxd

Hi.

I'm still alive sometimes and I have just finished a new album. It's quite big in size (almost 100 Megs) and I uploaded it three times today: at last.fm (in the hope that it will outlive my own site :-/ ), as single files on my site and as a zip archive. You can imagine that i spent the whole day uploading (ca 12 kBps upload speed). But I think it was worth it and I hope that some of you find some time to listen and like the album. But be warned: The music is for free! If you don't like it you won't get any money back. ;)

10 Tracks, MP3, 192kbps

Get the zip archive here (97MB! offline playlist file and cover included)

EDIT: uncloned was so kind to host the archive on his site for a while. In case that the download above isn't working or to slow, you can download it here. (Thank you uncloned)

Online playlist
Cover

01 Finnef; 5:00 -- 6.9 MB
02 Paper Plane; 8:07 -- 11.2 MB
03 Blaue Töne; 11:45 -- 16.2 MB
04 Brummschleife; 6:14 -- 8.6 MB
05 Olympus Mons; 7:53 -- 10.8 MB
06 Hallo Erdling; 5:34 -- 7.7 MB
07 Alltag; 10:04 -- 13.8 MB
08 Singing Machine; 3:23 -- 4.7 MB
09 CU Later; 3:07 -- 4.3 MB
10 Nur Regen; 9:47 -- 13.4 MB

EDIT: If you have trouble downloading, please try to get the individual files at last.fm

cu

Sam_Zen

Well, the download goes like snail mail as well. But I will check it out.

Relabsoluness

I also tried the download several times, and finally gave up on the zip archive and downloaded the files individually, with which there were also problems in the download. First impressions on the album tells that it was worth the trouble (although 'this is no folk album 2' could have been a pleasant surprise :)).

Sam_Zen

Gave up on the zip archive too. And I had to activate/boost the individual DL's several times via pause/continue.

uncloned

I was able to get the zip archive.

With your permission I can host it for a time to let people here listen to it.

However, I must warn you it may take sometime before I completely list to this because the first song has been looping now for over 20 minutes and I don't have much motivation to stop listening to it  :D

i.e. - I find it excellent!

Nahkranoth

Downloaded the whole shebang, it took about an hour.
Now I need 2 days or so to listen and digest.
Glad you're still alive, cubaxd!

cubaxd

That's odd :/ I've never had any problems with the site, none that I know of. If I knew that I would have added the last.fm link, too.

Quote from: "Relabsoluness"although 'this is no folk album 2' could have been a pleasant surprise
I really was considering it, but later I decided to make it a "true" ambient/electronica album. And the folk song I've made by far doesn't reach the quality of the first one. You wouldn't be happy with it ;)

Quote from: "uncloned"With your permission I can host it for a time to let people here listen to it.
You'd do me a favor. I should rather ask you for your permission :)

Thank you all for listening and for your going through the trouble of downloading :(

uncloned

its no problem cubaxd I'll put it up in my public folder today after work.

- I'd be more than happy to host anyone who needs it.

I just don't want to get into the business of being a public website. Less headaches for me  I think and LP chip and company do a fine job here.

Sam_Zen

01- Nice slow swing in this.
02- Enjoying, but the 'close' centre sound is a fraction too loud. Good percussion.
03- Excellent mixing of speed and counterspeed. From ~5:00 some fine oscillator sync sounds.
   An outro of 4 mins, I like that.
04- Just experience. No need for comment.

uncloned

Nahkranoth

You know what? I could listen to "Alltag" for hours without noticing the time passes.

cubaxd

@Sam
What is an oscillator sync sound :oops: There happens a lot at 5:00 and I can't figure out what is meant by that. When I do something I know how it sounds, without knowing its technical term. I should consider reading some books on this ;)

@Nahkranoth
Thank you :)

Sam_Zen

2 cubaxd : '''oscillator sync sound" is more my own term, than a strict technical term.
Diff to explain, but something like the freq of OSC1 is forcing the freq of OSC2 to another level of harmonics,
by trying to 'sync' to the freq of OSC1.
The result sounds sometimes a bit the same as applying very specific band-filters.

Saga Musix

Nice album once again!

Paper Plane is really nice. dreamy. trancy. wonderful.

i'll let the album run while coding, so more comments may follow later. :)

EDIT: When listening to "Alltag", I thought my player had switched to the Diablo 2 soundtrack. It sounds exactly the same. How the hell did you create this awesome sound? (Hint: mod versions of those two tracks would be appreciated :D)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

cubaxd

Sam, I don't get it. But the main thing is, it works :)

Thank you Jojo
I'd be glad to give you the mods. But are very heavy. Alltag is the biggest (62MB) and Paper Plane is 41MB. And all together are 222MB. How should I get them over to you? With a wheel barrow? ;) But I don't know if I actually cleaned up them. Maybe i can shrink them a little.