1.17.02.52 removing patterns/seq. from treeview

Started by LPChip, March 29, 2009, 20:48:37

Previous topic - Next topic

LPChip

Bug discovered by Bubsy

Full Version:
OpenMPT v1.17.02.52

Has the bug occured in previous versions? If yes, please specify version(s): (This option is optional, and doesn't need research. But in case you know...)
It happened before, but the bug was worse before. It could even crash OpenMPT, which now happens less frequently.

Description of the bug:
If you remove patterns and sequences using the treeview, and you then create a new pattern in the orderlist, it automatically creates 2 patterns and assign pattern 1 to the order, leaving you an empty pattern 0. It used to crash OpenMPT if you entered a note in pattern 1 too.

How often does it happen?:
Always.

How to reproduce (step by step description):
Go to the treeview. Unvold the sequences from your song. Select the first, and press delete to delete them all. Use the same technique to remove the patterns using the treeview.

Head to the general tab, and use the orderlist to create a new pattern. It'll create 2 patterns under the patterns section in the treeview.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

Can't reproduce that with any version of OpenMPT. I remove patterns/sequences from the treeview and then create a new pattern. There's only pattern 0.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

I'll make a demonstration video somewhere upcoming days.

Can you remind me about this Jojo?

Also, if you remove the patterns from the orderlist, it doesn't bug.

And I do this right after I load a song. Could also help.

EDIT: it does only make one order though, but it says [ 01 ] [ ... ] [ ... ]

And the treeview says
[sequence]
01 -
[pattern]
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

I did it exactly like you described it and it does not happen.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Saga Musix

I still can't reproduce this. What I've found out, though, is that the pattern names are kept, which should not be done.

Saga Musix

Okay, I finally managed to reproduce this. It's actually enough to just delete all patterns.

Saga Musix

Okay, I've got this far:
- Delete all patterns from the tree view.
- Switch to pattern tab
- Right-click on treeview -> refresh: You will see that pattern is already there, but it's not shown until you refresh the view or add another pattern.

So the actual "problem" seems to be that a pattern is added as soon as you switch to the pattern tab - however, you can't see this.

EDIT: note to self: see SetCurrentPattern() in view_pat.cpp